Gransnet forums

Work/volunteering

Working from home and having the time of my life....

(34 Posts)
philippa Wed 19-Oct-11 09:19:09

Love Mondays...How fortunate am I! Not only do I have an amazing home based business but it ticks all the boxes in terms of friends in abundance, a pension for life and a brilliant lifestyle... doesn't come without some hard work, but its a joy to wake up in the mornings and get to work....

fieldwake Fri 04-May-12 13:35:04

Now I have nice home I would love to work from home but don't know WHAT? I fell like bikergran for scams tho' not that much money. After 12 years of volunteer work which cost money....any ideas?

glammanana Thu 29-Mar-12 14:07:48

welcome origen,no attack intended just caution !!!

bagitha Thu 29-Mar-12 13:05:32

Attack? Where? I can't see one.

orijen Thu 29-Mar-12 12:57:48

yes it is Oriflame

orijen Thu 29-Mar-12 12:54:55

I sell top to toe beauty products natural products never been tested on animals

glassortwo Thu 29-Mar-12 12:51:44

Could it be Oriflame as in orijen?

gracesmum Thu 29-Mar-12 12:41:23

Nothing wrong with Avon - I did it when we first moved here and the mortgage rate went through the roof. But the mark ups were criminal in order for me to get my share, my area manager hers and so on. Being me of course, I was my own best customer!!
So what do you do orijen?

orijen Thu 29-Mar-12 12:30:52

thanks ladies for the welcome. If I want to advertise I would go the right way about it and pay for an advert. I am a Nana of 11, and thought I would share that I still enjoy working as it keeps my mind active. Not all sales people are horrible, yes I agree there are some out there trying to scam and its wise to keep your wits about you, but to just attack is not very nice. (I do not do Avon but for those people who do I am sure they are only doing a job and offering a service like most direct sales companies. Surely with jobs so hard to come by these days earning this way is a good thing.

gracesmum Thu 29-Mar-12 11:27:27

Still think it sounds like Avon.

Ariadne Thu 29-Mar-12 09:12:51

Yes, welcome! JessM has explained it well.

JessM Thu 29-Mar-12 07:07:41

Well origen sometimes on forums we get people trying to advertise things, pretending to be genuine new members. The OP (original post) seemed to be of that nature. From "inside" is feels a bit like an unwanted salesperson intruding into your home, pretending to be a new neighbour. So we are a bit touchy at times.
If you are a genuine new member please don't be offended and welcome to GN.

Ariadne Thu 29-Mar-12 07:01:21

origen it sounds as if you are really enjoying your life, and that is so good to hear

orijen Wed 28-Mar-12 23:06:19

sorry ladies I thought the post was about working from home and was just telling you what I did. I do not do pryamid selling. Wow what rude comments
didnt think I would get that sort of response.

jeni Wed 28-Mar-12 21:04:45

[modest bow] that's what I yhoughtgrin
I'm to bed. I'm exhausted and DGD has very kindly given me her cold as a Thankyou for hosting her thanksgiving party!
Working again tomorrow! Better get some sleep!
Night all!

Anne58 Wed 28-Mar-12 20:50:34

Well done jeni ! The post from orijen smacked of the old pryamid selling.

" I find it very rewarding bringing in new people and watching them grow and become successful in either selling or recruiting. Age range from 18 to 80"

Yeah, right!

jeni Wed 28-Mar-12 19:33:31

Yip!

Anne58 Wed 28-Mar-12 19:00:03

Yep, the alarm bells are ringing here! Also that post^^ , but I may be hyper!

Anyone reported yet?

orijen Tue 27-Mar-12 22:55:50

I love working as self employed in my home based business, I work the hours that suit me and yes sometimes its very busy but think thats what keeps my mind alert. Now coming up to 30 years since I first started. I find it very rewarding bringing in new people and watching them grow and become successful in either selling or recruiting. Age range from 18 to 80

Ariadne Sun 06-Nov-11 17:23:51

Mishap - I totally agree about Jacquie Lawson; the cards are excellent value and last year's Advent calendar was absolutely enchanting.

Let's see if "Philippa" returns, shall we? But we're right, in this day and age, to be suspicious.

thatcardlady Sun 06-Nov-11 17:05:59

I know Crimson, my favourite this year (I've bought one for myself - big kid!) is the 3d townhouse. Sorry folks not a sales pitch I genuinely love the stuff.

bikergran Sun 06-Nov-11 16:42:24

"WANT TO WORK FROM HOME" ?
" EARN £500 IN ONE WEEK" ?
" FITS IN WITH FAMILY LIFE" ?

Then send stamped addressed envelope complete with cheque for £250
and I will tell you my secret !!!!! (oh i'm so glad i'm older an wiser)!

although yes!!! I was conned out of £750 !!!!a few yrs ago.angry

glammanana Sun 06-Nov-11 14:07:15

I could do a job like that GA in fact we all could if they existed,do people think we are all totally daft ?

grannyactivist Sun 06-Nov-11 13:55:57

This is Philippa's only post on GN...........I have a suspicious mind.

Mishap Sun 06-Nov-11 10:25:56

On the subject of advent calendars I sent my GC an online one from jacquie lawson and it was a true gem - beautiful illustrations and music (no trashy music on jacquie lawson ecards) and the children downloaded it and could click on it each day for a new animated scene - it really was charming and the children just loved it. I am hoping they will do one this year too - although it was so brilliant, they have given themselves a hard act to follow!

crimson Sat 05-Nov-11 22:06:43

Phoenix have got some super advent calendars this year. I always struggled to find a good calendar as the shops used to churn out the same ones each year and I don't like the ones with chocolate in.