Gransnet forums

Work/volunteering

Well, that's it then, my last day.

(28 Posts)
Anne58 Tue 20-Mar-12 20:43:07

What the title says, really.

Felt very odd, in fact felt bloody awful. I deliberately didn't tell everyone that it was my last day. Talking to potential clients on the phone and by email (including the prime contact from the presentation yesterday) not letting them know that I won't be handling the rest of their programme.

I have just sent the message below to my colleagues.

Hello all,

I'm sorry that I didn't say "goodbye" in person to you all, but I felt that it was a bit more than I could cope with, and besides tissues were not on special offer in Waitrose this week!

I would like to thank you all for the support, advice and help with various things, (I.T., pricing, operational issues etc.) that you have given me over the 6 years that I have been with the company. You have helped me enormously, bearing in mind that I joined knowing very little about mystery shopping, and as I'm sure Chris (and others) will agree, rather limited computer ability! I feel that many of you have been instrumental in enabling me to significantly develop some skills, and for this I am very grateful.

I would particularly like to thank those of you who were so supportive when Jack died, your compassion was appreciated and valued more than you will ever know.

Anyway, enough of this, I would like to ask 2 things of you, if I may, namely:

1.Please keep an eye and and ear out for jobs in the local area that might suit me.
2.Bear me in mind when forwarding any "funnies" that you may get, I can assure you they will be warmly received!
Finally I would like to say that I hope that the company can overcome its' (apostrophe mis-use Paul?, you've made me paranoid!) current difficulties and can move forward, and that you will all enjoy a happy and successful time at Mystery Shoppers,

Kind regards and best wishes to you all,

JessM Thu 22-Mar-12 06:48:16

Phoenix agencies are a special trial. They make job hunting very difficult compared to the days when jobs were all advertised in the paper and you just wrote in to them.
1. They are primarily client facing sales staff. You are the fodder.
2. They are the gatekeepers to most office jobs these days
3. Vacancies partly hidden from view and you can't always tell who the client is when they advertise.
4. 90% of them seem to be chirpy sub-35 year olds and you have to blooming chirp back at em
5. There are so many of them, and employers only advertise with at most 2-3 at any time.
Oh I could go on. There are occasional gems. An awful lot of jobs are temp-to-perm these days as well.
Dont' grab the first thing they offer. Up your salary expectations from your last job.
I am happy to PM on this if you want.

Anne58 Thu 22-Mar-12 20:36:15

Jobcentre today, they have allocated Friday as my signing on day, so I have to go back again tomorrow! Deep joy!