Subversion, thy name is Woman.

Ana Thu 26-Mar-15 11:40:04

I found that very moving, jingl.

janerowena Thu 26-Mar-15 11:42:29

It was.

grannyactivist Thu 26-Mar-15 11:46:53

Beautiful jingl - like a modern psalm and reminiscent of David crying out:

Why, Lord, do you stand far off?
Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble? (Psalm 10:1)
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish? (Psalm 22:1,2)

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Mar-15 11:50:16

That's exactly it granny-a. It's so hard to understand.

Juliette Thu 26-Mar-15 11:57:14

I commend to you all David Kossoff's book.... 'You Have a Minute Lord?'
Well worth a read.

Nonnie Thu 26-Mar-15 11:57:27

Yes.

absentgrandma Thu 26-Mar-15 13:12:49

I hope you are saving your work on a file JBF and all you poets( who have been hiding you lights under bushelswink). An anthology of Gnetters poems would be great, especially if it was published as a e-book with profits going to a charity.

absentgrandma Thu 26-Mar-15 13:14:35

... your lights for heavens' sake!

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Mar-15 14:09:04

No, I'm not. Some years back I put some poems on the Mumsnet poetry forum. They all vanished when they decided to do away with that particular forum. [shrug] probably bunkum anyway. I can't do rhyming.

merlotgran Thu 26-Mar-15 14:28:46

I can only do rhyming, jingl. It's so annoying sometimes as I can't get the words out of my head. It's not easy to unrhyme something that rhymes and still make some sense hmm

Love your poem. I think we all feel a bit like that today. sad

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Mar-15 14:30:52

Yep! I think we do merlot. sad

MiniMouse Thu 26-Mar-15 14:50:23

Very moving jingl sad

GillT57 Thu 26-Mar-15 15:08:40

Very moving Jings and I suspect like many, when I heard the dreadful news abut the plane crash likely to have been deliberate, suddenly all the little things that were irritating me, work scheduling and such, seemed really irrelevant.

GrannyGear Thu 26-Mar-15 21:58:04

I can't imagine NOT saving a copy of anything I've written. What else are computers for?

Your idea of a Gransnet anthology is brilliant. Who would decide which poems should go in it?

daffydil Fri 27-Mar-15 10:17:29

Going back to the original post, someone once asked a nun if God always answered prayers and she said "Yes but sometimes he says 'No'" which strikes me as a bit of cop out.

AshTree Sun 29-Mar-15 20:56:19

I think it may have been Father Christopher Jamieson (of "The Monastery" fame) who told the following story in a radio show:

A parishioner asked his priest, "Father, is it all right to smoke while I'm praying?" The priest replied, "Oh, no, that wouldn't be right at all! But, it would be all right to pray while you're smoking."

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 29-Mar-15 22:04:56

grin. I love that!

AshTree Sun 29-Mar-15 22:09:32

Good, innit? grin

Imperfect27 Sat 09-Jan-16 16:00:02

As one who has lost a child - and in answer to the question ' Where were you God?'

I am here
Always
I knew her before you did
I was there that night
I saw your pain
And carried you through the darkest days

I am here
Always
I was in the car that followed her car
With the hands that guided your other children to safety
In the eyes of the doctor who told you the news
In the heart of compassion that graced the moment you had to face the driver

I am here
Always
Not interfering
Not saving
Not altering
But binding up
Transforming
Redeeming

I am here
Always

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 09-Jan-16 16:14:31

Oh my God! Why has this thread been reincarnated?! Have you got no sensitivity at all?!

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 09-Jan-16 16:16:53

I'm sorry. You probably don't realise the original post was about that terrible air crash where the pilot deliberately crashed the plane.

It does say, "This thread is dormant. Are you sure....."

Imperfect27 Sat 09-Jan-16 16:45:44

jinglbellsfrocks,

No, I am very sorry, I did not realise this thread was dormant. I did not mean to be insensitive in any way. I wrote a genuine response to what I thought was a question I have been pondering for the past nine years, since my daughter died. I am sorry that this has came as a shock, - I am new to this site and only just finding my way around. I did not read through enough to realise that the post is dormant.

Apologies for my timing once again. However, I cannot apologise for my words.

Jane10 Sat 09-Jan-16 16:52:02

Tragedies take many forms and the pain can be experienced in many ways. If any poem whatsoever in any format helps to alleviate the agony then why not post it here or anywhere else that someone who needs to can read it. It is lovely imperfect and I'm so sorry to hear about your personal tragedy.flowers