Gransnet forums

Writers' room

Yesterdays Child

(1 Post)
Maywalk Fri 31-Jul-15 11:24:48

When I reached the age of 72 my son said that if he got me a computer and taught me how to use it would I write all my tales down that had happened during my life.
I started off by writing about the first 20 years of my life from when I was born in 1930. It takes the reader through my family being bombed out twice during the London Blitz and me being machine gunned twice.
I was not interested in sending it to publishers because I wanted any proceeds after printing to go to my local Rainbows Childrens Hospice.
www.rainbows.co.uk/
I contacted a local printer and had some printed off to get the ball rolling. I had SO many coming to me on the net from worldwide asking me where to get it I decided to put it on my WW2 website after it had made a tidy sum for the hospice and was still making money for them with folks donating sums to Rainbows.
I had already started to get a website together which has attracted well over 30,000 people to it plus the TV. Its been a very busy time since I first learnt how to use a computer and I am still here to write about it.

www.maywalk.oddquine.co.uk/mybook/index.html