Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Mon 29-Jun-20 06:06:56

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its a grey and windy start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day , laundry etc some housework .
Doing the death figures this last week the daily average is starting to increase when i worked out the previous 7 day figure.
Looks like a 2nd wave starting before next month starts .
Take Care ,
Mick

Grandmafrench Mon 29-Jun-20 14:26:33

Just HAVE to comment on this one, Nannytopsy. We are convinced (and it's probably worse in this country) that each year's renewal quote is just a try on! But if you 'phone to query or make a fuss, we've found that the quote is automatically reduced, whatever feeble excuse they produce for their random figures. This has happened every year to us. I would imagine that there are a lot of customers either too busy or too unaware to get to grips and make the insurers justify their demands, and so there must be huge numbers who are paying far too much for no reason at all. A scandal ! Well done, anyway.

Nannytopsy Mon 29-Jun-20 14:02:33

Good afternoon everyone. I am very late today! Suffolk is windy too - I hate gardening the wind so I shall go and sew this afternoon.
My insurance quote came back at nearly £300 more than last year but when I phoned and changed our address (AGAIN!) it dropped from £910 to £340. Ridiculous!
Hope the day is kind to everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 29-Jun-20 11:40:30

Good Morning from dreary Harrogate Today is a Good and bad day. Bad 'cause DH is not feeling too well, Good because he won a competition, and the prize arrived this morning - a roomba vacuum cleaner (might have a bit of fun with it)

Justwidowed Mon 29-Jun-20 11:37:48

Good morning all from a wet dreary Lancashire.Had a lovely weekend with my single parent granddaughter and her 11 month old daughter The weather was dreadful but we talked and laughed a lot.I introduced her to Talking Heads and she thought the Lady of letters was very good.
Hope everyone has a good day and that marydoll continues to improve.

Froglady Mon 29-Jun-20 11:18:39

Wet and windy here in Blackburn, but managed to get to the post office and shopping centre on my electric scooter (only takes about 5 minutes to get there) and back without getting wet. So pleased about that.

Kalu Mon 29-Jun-20 11:18:32

Good morning everyone from a blustery wet day in Glasgow. I agree gilly it does seem more like February. Lamps on here too.

What a lovely surprise for you Bellasnana How thoughtful of your DD to arrange this for you. You haven’t changed a bit either, still looking good.

Have a lovely get together with your son grandMattie

Hope you are feeling a bit better today Oopsadaisy. Fingers still crossed for a negative result for you?

I had a long FaceTime chat with DD2’s MiL in Australia yesterday. We both just hit it off at our first meeting and we enjoy having her to stay whenever she visits family in the UK. She is so fond of DD and is known by DD as her OZ Mum.

Well, what to do today? No idea and no plan to gee me on so footering and faffing it is.

Have a pleasant day all whatever you have planned and warm best wishes to BlueSapphire and others who have worries and struggles.

Purplepixie Mon 29-Jun-20 10:50:10

Ps Sorry for all of you who are going through troubled, sad and worrying times. I’ll just go and give myself a good kick in the pants!!!

Purplepixie Mon 29-Jun-20 10:48:59

Good morning from a very windy and dull East Midlands.

I am fed up today and sick to death with being “glued” to DH. I’m sorry for all who have lost a precious DH. Normally he just gets on with stuff and is more motivated than me but not this last week, grrrrrrrrrr!!! Sorry for the moan!

Stay safe and have a lovely day. I’m sure slaving over the hot stove and making a lasagne for tea will cheer me up, haha.

Doodle Mon 29-Jun-20 10:25:31

Morning marydoll and all. Just to say we miss maths klass marydoll but we all want you to rest at the moment and hope you feel better soon. pants hope you have a good time in Spain. Don’t forget to bring back sweeties for school ?
puzzler you deserve your golden heart. ?
Thinking of gillybob, crazyh, bluesapphire and all those going through troubling, sad or worrying times.
Take care all.

Grandmafrench Mon 29-Jun-20 10:20:31

Good Morning everyone.

You’re sharing our beautiful sky, Bellasnanna. Hot and breezy today in S of ??. Loved the photograph and just in case I forget, have the happiest of birthdays ? Wednesday, with more happy snaps, maybe?

Really must jet wash the courtyard tiles as there are less sandals being worn and I’ve noticed lots of marks from the constantly falling jasmine flowers. We’ve had such beautiful flowers and perfume for 2 months now, so really shouldn’t feel miffed that the best display is almost over.

Sad for you that you won’t get together until December, harri - I was waiting for your post to say that they’d be coming to the UK together. Be so good for your Sister to see you after such hard times and a lovely change of scene. Ah well, folk must do what they want and not your place to create pressure. You’re clearly a lovely unselfish person. Worrying about children? So very hard sometimes to find the ‘off’ switch when our minds start racing.

Nortsat hope this week finds you lots better. To all of you sad or in pain, wishing you a much better week. And plenty of sleep to heal!

gilly not too long in your gloomy bat cave ....it won’t help your mood - ever. Replace the darkness with lots of crazy times with Miss Evie New Shoes.....far far better for your health. Do hope your Northern weather gets its summer face on without delay, so you can relax a bit and lower your tense or shivery shoulders from ear level again. ?

Have a good Monday, folks, whatever you’re up to - and if you’re not up to much, make some plans. Be Safe, Be happy.
Hugs ???

Gingster Mon 29-Jun-20 09:41:35

Can’t believe Ive only just woken up ?. The sound of the wind and sea are like a lullaby to me .

Have a wonderful time with you DS grandMattie .

What a lovely pic Bellasnanna.

granygravy I’m another mum who constantly worries about my chicks. Just can’t help it.

Have a cheery day all ?

harrigran Mon 29-Jun-20 09:30:31

Good morning for a wet NE.
Click and collect this morning followed by an hour of cleaning and putting away.
Message from DD to say she had arrived home after her all day train journey from Germany to Brussels. It had been an emotional few days.
She also told me that she would be spending her July holiday with her aunt which means the soonest return to UK will be Christmas. A whole year without a meet up.
We tell them we are fine and not to worry, so that they won't worry.
Lovely photo Bellasnana.

Puzzler61 Mon 29-Jun-20 09:22:32

To Marydoll with my very fondest wishes . And all you other lovely grans too.

Mapleleaf Mon 29-Jun-20 09:16:59

Good morning all,

Greyduster has our forecast spot on. Such a contrast to last week. I think my mood matches the weather today ?. Must shake myself out of it.

A lovely photo, Bellasnana. What a lovely surprise for you.

Enjoy your Christmas dinner Grandmattie with your son. I'm sure you will all have a great time. ?

To all feeling out of sorts, unwell or sad, I hope you feel a little better as the day progresses. BlueSapphire if you are reading our posts today, I hope you are feeling a little stronger with each passing day. ?

Sar53 Mon 29-Jun-20 09:16:52

Good morning from a cloudy and very windy Essex by the sea.
Our alarm went off at 04.15 this morning as DH has driven to Birmingham to take his company car plus computer etc back to head office. Tomorrow is his last working day before retirement . He is coming back by train this afternoon. Compulsory mask in his briefcase. The end of an era.
I did go back to sleep for a while but I have lots of cleaning to do. It will be good to have an office not cluttered with his work stuff and I may get the chance to sit at the desk to use the computer rather than the dining table!! Our next job is to buy a new, faster computer and a printer. Printers seem to be out of stock everywhere.
Our local charity shop has reopened so a trip out later to get rid of a lot of clutter.
Have a lovely day, flowers for those in pain or sad. Take care all xx

Auntieflo Mon 29-Jun-20 09:08:03

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all, from a decidedly grey and windy bit of Berks.
We are off to DD this morning for coffee and a catch up, as later this week, they are going to help with GD1 move. So some childcare will be involved.
Yesterday , I managed to get a good 2/3 hours work done in the garden, but wore myself out, and then slept for over an hour. Consequently, lunch was very, very late.
Later today, I must sort out our car insurance. It's all a bit confusing, even using the comparison sites.
Gentle thoughts to all those who are struggling.
Have a good day one and all.

dragonfly46 Mon 29-Jun-20 08:57:12

Good morning from a very windy Leicestershire.

Cleaned the house yesterday so feeling very virtuous.
Spoke to DD yesterday who has finally found a job she is good at and enjoying. Her doggy is still not 100% though.

So pleased you enjoyed your surprise Bellasnana what a thoughtful DD you have.

Bellasnana Mon 29-Jun-20 08:55:57

Thank you for the nice comments. Urmston, I’m the one on the left of the photo. Marydoll, thank you for your kind comment but I must tell you, there was a little girl aged 6 at the party. Her aunty asked her ‘how old do you think Bella is?’, and without hesitation she said ‘100’ grin
That put me in my place! Out of the mouths of babes....,??

Oh, and in case anyone thinks we were flouting the rules, we are now permitted to meet in groups of 75 ( not that there were anywhere near that number last night). We’ve had no new cases for several days so fingers crossed.?

Anniebach Mon 29-Jun-20 08:55:13

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Bumboseat1 Mon 29-Jun-20 08:54:46

Good morning Monday all , weather not too bad in Devon today, nice and cool , going to the supermarket to do my big shop day. Then I’m starting on a sewing machine project how to make a shopping bag I seen this on YouTube and looks easy , so I will see have a nice Monday all

BladeAnnie Mon 29-Jun-20 08:54:21

Good morning all from a dull and drizzly mid-Notts. I opened the door for his Lordship the cat - he poked his nose out and turned around and came straight back in. Not to his liking at all!! A day of cleaning and tidying awaits - joyous!! Stay safe everyone and may Monday be kind to us all x

Susan56 Mon 29-Jun-20 08:53:45

Good morning from Shropshire where it’s blowing a gale and still raining..

More garage sorting and a trip to the tip today.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and already feel sick at the thought.My usual dentist phobia plus worry about covid?

Maw,I hope your daughter feels better soon.I am another who seems to permanently worry about my children and grandchildren.

Bellasnanna,a lovely photo of you and your friend.

Have a good day everyone and get well wishes to all who need them.

Cherry,hope you are ok.?

gillybob Mon 29-Jun-20 08:47:03

Good morning from the NE coast where we have yet another cold, windy and wet day . We had very high winds yesterday so my poor garden is looking a bit battered . It feels more like February than June almost July. It’s so dark I have had to put the lamp on.

I do hope you enjoy your long awaited Christmas dinner with your family GrandMattie smile

Lovely photo Bellasnana what a lovely pre-birthday treat . I’m so jealous of those beautiful blue skies.

I’m off to “that (damned awful) place” in about half an hour . My little office gets very little natural light to start with but it will be like sitting in a cave today . I absolutely refuse to put the heating on so will sit with my coat on all day if I have to .

Still thinking about our friend BlueSapphire and CrazyH’s young grandson .

Have the best Monday possible everyone . Love Gillybob x

Nortsat Mon 29-Jun-20 08:43:51

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a breezy east London.

Sorry to hear you didn’t sleep aggie and that you’re in discomfort Corner.
Marydoll, I concur with the award of the golden ? to Puzzler, having been a participant in one of her acts of kindness. She’s a good soul.

I was tired yesterday, the aftermath of having been unwell earlier in the week, so didn’t cook. We had a takeaway and a bottle of wine and watched a Woody Allen film on Prime.
We rounded off by watching David Bowie at Glastonbury on the BBC. I know many GNs were watching along and enjoying it too.
It was a very nice evening.

Wishing everyone a good day (and a lovely Chr***mas lunch) and ?to those who need them. Morning Bluesapphire if you’re reading. ?

Urmstongran Mon 29-Jun-20 08:36:47

Bet you can’t wait to get out here Pantglas! ? ✈️