Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Mon 29-Jun-20 06:06:56

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its a grey and windy start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day , laundry etc some housework .
Doing the death figures this last week the daily average is starting to increase when i worked out the previous 7 day figure.
Looks like a 2nd wave starting before next month starts .
Take Care ,
Mick

aggie Mon 29-Jun-20 06:13:22

Good morning Mick and everyone
I haven’t slept tonight so far drinking decaf tea and going back to bed to try again ,
Have a good day all xxx

grandMattie Mon 29-Jun-20 06:16:55

Good morning from a bright E Kent.
The perception of a second wave, Mick, is, in my opinion, a scare tactic to try and keep us at home. Of course, there will be localised outbreaks like in Leicester, but it appears that the virus is on the decline. Besides keeping us in for longer and longer, reduces our resistance to CV19 and anything else lurking "out there". Rant over.
Lovely day, going to the farm shop to buy a mountain of veges for my famous Christmas dinner. I forgot chipolatas so shall get some of those together with bacon. I don't want anyone to go hungry!
Have a good day, peace and happiness to everyone.

cornergran Mon 29-Jun-20 06:28:17

Morning Mick, morning All. Still oh so windy in our corner of Somerset. Heavy showers too. Been awake since 4, seem to be in pain everywhere. Sigh. Hope to order a new front door this morning then perhaps venture to a shopping mall. One of ours has checked it out and declared it parent safe hmm as apparently well organised. See how the day goes. Wonderful day ahead for you and your family grandMattie, be kind to yourselves everyone and yes, be careful out there.

Beechnut Mon 29-Jun-20 06:30:46

Good Morning everyone and Merry Christmas dinner grandMattie ?
A grey cloudy start on Severnside.

I plan to have an easy day after yesterday’s antics. I pottered first thing with a few smaller jobs and then got stuck into the boundary job. It went well but there will be a lot of cutting up to do. In the meantime I can think about some new planting ideas.

Thanks for the lunch idea yesterday Pantglas I had to eat most of my sandwich in the greenhouse as it started to rain ?

Hope all goes well for you all today ?

farview Mon 29-Jun-20 06:40:32

Morning all..rain and strong winds here in Lancashire...our telegraph pole was smashed down early hours of Thursday..four drunks in a stolen car...lines ripped out here and golf club across the road..no Wifi or landline...thank goodness for my mobile phone...but missed chatting to middle son and daughter who both live overseas...
Keep on keeping safe everyone...?

Pantglas2 Mon 29-Jun-20 06:41:43

Morning all from a blowy and damp north Wales where DH has woken me up with his noisy ablutions! We’re off out to get some last minute bits and pieces for our trip to Spain at the weekend so he thought he’d crack on while I was .....?

I bet that sandwich tasted just as good in the greenhouse Beechnut , mine did in the conservatory in spite of the downpours we had yesterday!

Stay safe and well everyone x

Ginny42 Mon 29-Jun-20 06:49:11

Good morning Mick and everyone and a Merry Christmas to you and your family grandMattie! You will have a wonderful if emotional day. Putting the sprouts on in November reminds me of the lovely Victoria Wood.

Well it's cold, windy and still raining here in Cheshire. I say still, because if it stopped at all yesterday I didn't notice. I've had the heating back on and the rain's pouring down the windows. Think I'll stay in today. grin

Glad I've got a busy work-at-home day, but will have to force myself to go for a walk at 9.00 or be stuck indoors all day. Meals will be what my Mum called 'three jumps at the pantry door' aka what's in the freezer. Why do I never feel like what I've taken our to defrost? I do have a turkey steak so I could cook a sprout or two. I've even got some crackers in the cupboard!

Hope those feeling poorly are on the mend and take care those feeling low. Warm wishes to all.

Bellasnana Mon 29-Jun-20 06:54:14

Good morning all from a very hot and sunny Malta.

Well, I needn’t have worried. My DD3 picked me up with my friend who has been through so much these past few months, and drove us to the home of long-standing friends who had all got together to make a lovely party for my birthday ( which isn’t until Wednesday). We had a lovely evening, on the roof terrace with lovely views, and a lot of laughs.

Today is a Public Holiday (St. Peter and St. Paul) so it’s like another Sunday.

I will add a photo of me with my lovely friend. She is fighting cancer for the second time, and has been recently widowed. We’ve been friends for 38 years.

Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing.☀️

Bellasnana Mon 29-Jun-20 06:56:21

Oops, photo hasn’t appeared for some reason.

Bellasnana Mon 29-Jun-20 06:56:48

Oh, now it has! Sorry about this!??‍♀️

Pantglas2 Mon 29-Jun-20 07:10:51

Lovely Bellasnana and a brilliant blue sky ?

Puzzler61 Mon 29-Jun-20 07:13:50

Good morning Bellasnana .
What a fabulous surprise for you and your friend? Lovely photo too.

You can go over it all in your mind again today - times that that are to savour, and you still have a Birthday to come ! ? ?

Grammaretto Mon 29-Jun-20 07:17:48

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It couldn't be more different from your Maltese photo Bellasnana . We have a dark green, lush, wet jungle.
Sorry you haven't slept aggie and you are in pain cornergran but I am excited for you Mattie now the day has come smile
We are allowed out for walks at last so I tried yesterday but only managed a short one. I will try again today. At least it won't be hot or crowded!
The virus hasn't gone away yet so be careful.

Greyduster Mon 29-Jun-20 07:17:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is wet, windy and cold in South Yorkshire, so looks like we won’t be going very far today. A cleaning day I think. We had a very nice walk with DD and her menfolk yesterday and came back here for scones and cake. GS is growing like a weed! you certainly notice the difference when you don’t see them regularly. Enjoy your day, whatever you’re doing, and stay safe.

Puzzler61 Mon 29-Jun-20 07:21:07

Good morning Mick and all from dry, windy Worcs.
I’ll take it easier today as I started yesterday with a long walk, and helped DH in the garden. After lunch I felt a bit tired so lay on the bed, and fell asleep for one and a half hours!
Must have needed it. ?

grandMattie Christmas has arrived for you ? ?
It sounds like you’re well prepared for the dinner, and the reunion with your DS. It will all be magical! Have a great day.
?

MawB Mon 29-Jun-20 07:26:39

Good morning on a bit of a dull day. I had hoped a daughter might pop down to see me but she says she has had a bad night and feels wiped out. As she is now back teaching my first reaction is to leap to conclusions and worry that she might have contracted CV possibly in school.
Why are we mums hardwired to worry? Of course I am sorry not to see her, but more concerned about her.
It’s a mum thing isn’t it?
So, not sure what I will do today it’s not really coffee in the garden weather.
However I have done good news- a hair appointment on the 10th of July- that’s nearly 2 weeks away. Isn’t life strange?
I hope you are wrong about the stats Mick and wish for relief for all who are poorly or with their own mountain to climb.

brook2704 Mon 29-Jun-20 07:36:40

Good morning everyone from Inverness. It’s sunny just now but lots of clouds in the sky and I’m sure we will have some rain later. Yesterday it rained the entire day so we tidied up the garage at last. DH is so reluctant to throw anything away in case he needs it ?? But at least it’s all tidy rubbish now ?
Whooo hooooo our shops are opening today so I might pop into town later ! It’ll seem strange though I’m sure ...
Farview how awful, I hope you get your line repaired soon, and the offenders dealt with appropriately
I agree it’s definitely a mum thing to worry MawB no matter how old they are I don’t think it ever stops and I’m just the same ..I hope your daughter feels better soon.
Beautiful photo Bellasnana what a lovely surprise for you !
Have a lovely time today grandMattie and enjoy your Christmas lunch
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever you are doing ?

Pittcity Mon 29-Jun-20 07:39:49

Good morning from a grey, breezy Colchester.
DH is taking DS to the station as he is off to join the Navy today. I will have an empty nest until he is back on leave in September. The grandsons have already baggsied his bed!
Food shop and a blitz on the newly vacated bedroom today.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 29-Jun-20 07:43:50

Good morning from east London, cloudy and breezy, not sure if we’re clear of the squally showers of yesterday. We did get slightly damp yesterday taking GD1 for a walk/tree climb and had some muddy clothes to take back to DD but she was happy. Playing tennis at lunchtime today, so, racquets crossed, the weather will be kind. No doubt will be watching some of the old matches at Wimbledon at some point.
nemosmum , you took me hurtling back to my childhood with your mention of Whalton Manor that I’ve just seen catching up with yesterday’s posts. My grandparents were in service there in the 1950s and 60s; my grandad was the gardener and my nana the cook. I’ve wanted to visit the gardens again but they’ve never been open when I’ve been up home.
Back to reality, hope you all have a good day.

Urmstongran Mon 29-Jun-20 07:44:53

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

We are off to the beach after breakfast. So easy getting ‘dressed’ - a swimsuit, beach dress and sandals and I’m set or the day!

We heard yesterday that our communal gardens are opening this Wednesday. The guidelines are that surfaces have to be disinfected 3 times a day so the president has said they will only open noon till 3pm, then 5pm till 8pm. The garden bar and toilets will remain closed until September.

Enjoy your dinner with your boys today grandMattie I think you could turn those sprouts down to a lower setting now.
?

Sorry to hear you’re in pain cornergran you must be feeling exhausted.

Hope Monday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

GrannyGravy13 Mon 29-Jun-20 07:52:09

Good morning Mick and all x

Brightening up and breezy here in S E Essex.

Happy Christmas lunch day Grandmattie wishing you all a happy reunion ??
Beautiful photo and lovely memories made Bellasnana
Woke up at 1am and have barely slept a wink since, I am extremely bleary eyed. I have washing and ironing to do today so will crack on after my cup of tea and shower.

MawB I am another Mum who seems to be on constant worry mode, wish I could turn it off just for a couple of hours.

cornergran sorry to hear you are in pain.

Keep safe and well folks ?

kittylester Mon 29-Jun-20 07:57:05

Good morning all from a soggy North Leicestershire.

Our carpet is coming today. I can hardly contain my excitement! I have no idea what it's like as we ordered it on 16 March. I hope it looks good!

mumofmadboys Mon 29-Jun-20 08:03:12

Very wet in Cumbria again. A day in the house I think.
I agree a mother's place is to always worry! Wish I didn't! Such a waste of emotional energy! . Hope your DS enjoys the navy Pittcity. It will be strange for you and DH not to have him at home.

Marydoll Mon 29-Jun-20 08:10:09

Good morning all from a very wet and miserable Glasgow. The rain has battered off the conservatory roof all night!

I have just lost my whole post, (I bet you are all relieved!), my hands are so stiff today, my finger slipped and it was gone! angry

What a lovely photo of you and your dear friend, Bellasnanna. You look like models! envy That was a lovely gesture to organise a party for you.

Grandmattie, here's hoping your Christmas lunch goes above all your expectations. It reminds me of the QVC promotion, Christmas in July. ?

Corner, I hope you get some relief as the day goes on. Pain is so debilitating, getting little or no sleep just drags you down.

Skiving off to Spain, to avoid Miss Marydoll's maths class Pantglas? Don't worry I have your holiday, homework pack all ready! wink.

Nothing much planned for day. Some of the side effects of my treatment have kicked in, so I have been feeling a bit ropey the last few days. My brain is like mush, so it will probably be next week before I open up maths class again.

In my maths class I award a golden apple for the first person to get the puzzle right.
Sorry to hijack your thread, Mick, but today I'm awarding the golden heart to Puzzler, a truly lovely lady! She will know why.

Thinking of all those who are struggling and finding life very difficult. ?
Have the best day you can.