Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Fluff the Farting Fish - kid's book of the month for Feb

(12 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 26-Feb-13 09:33:55

Our book of the month for February is Fluff the Farting Fish by Michael Rosen.

And this is our first kids' book discussion thread (now to be a regular feature) so that the 50 recipients of our free books can let us (and others smile) know what they thought of the book, how their grandchildren enjoyed it...and so on and so forth.

There's an extra prize for someone who posts on the thread (a parcel of goodies from the publisher) - simply post over the next week (ends 5.30pm 5th March) to enter the draw.

Helmar Tue 26-Feb-13 10:59:07

Thank you very much for my free book. I am looking forward to sharing it with my granddaughter and will report back on what we thought of it. Exciting, she loves books and i love reading with her!!!

matson Tue 26-Feb-13 14:17:13

thank you for my copy, which my G D and i have read with much amusement and tittering about being able to say the " fart " word lots of times! x

hummingbird Tue 26-Feb-13 14:21:01

Thank you for my copy too - I have four grandsons who think its hilarious. Any excuse to say the 'f' word with impunity is welcomed by them!

Gally Wed 27-Feb-13 07:06:16

Mine too - it's packed and soon on its way to Oz for the gc's out there.

Cagsy Thu 28-Feb-13 13:40:23

Only last week my Grandson (almost 6) was complaining that too many of his books were too babyish so I know he's going to love this, can't wait to share it with him.

nonnasusie Fri 01-Mar-13 12:59:23

My copy is with DGD (and my DS) in England so I won't have a chance to look at it until Sept! sad

harrigran Fri 01-Mar-13 16:58:46

I enjoyed the book but GD hasn't seen it yet, I think it will cause great amusement.

sylwright Fri 01-Mar-13 22:20:08

Many thanks for the copy of Fluff the Farting Fish. My 9 month old grandson is too young to enjoy it but having read through it I am sure my 4 year old great niece will thoroughly enjoy it.
Thanks again.
I love your competitions and give aways.

DavidH22 Tue 05-Mar-13 09:33:21

What better way to cause huge amusment for my three and a half year old grandson than a rude word and a bodily function. Add in my blowing raspberry noises and a wonderful afternoon was had by us both although there was the odd shake of the head from his mum. A nice story for youngsters and well illustrated. Many thanks for the copy.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 10:54:59

And the winner is....DavidH22. Congratulations David on being first out of the hat. Goodies will be sent out to you - do please send your postal address to us at [email protected]

And look out for the thread on this month's book - Gangsta Granny - which will be coming soon. The prize for that one is a signed box set of David Walliams novels

preety18 Tue 12-Mar-13 11:05:44

I received a free copy too, the book has been enjoyed by both DD aged 6 and 8 years old, they thought it was very funny. It was well writing with great imagination ;-). Thank you.