Gransnet forums

Books/book club

June Book Club - The Gallery of Vanished Husbands

(168 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 04-Jun-14 12:22:36

This month's book pick is The Gallery of Vanished Husbands by Natasha Solomons, the captivating story of the life and loves of a woman who breaks free of her strict Jewish upbringing and joins the world of art and artists in sixties London.

If you received one of our free copies don't forget to leave your comments and questions below for the author. We'll be sending questions off to Natasha at the end of June.

Also - if you have a spare couple of minutes - do take the time to post your review of the book in our Reviews section: www.gransnet.com/reviews/books

Marelli Fri 13-Jun-14 16:50:44

Many thanks for my copy of 'The Gallery of Vanished Husbands' which I received today. I'll be reading it shortly and hope to be able to leave comments about it. smile

chloe1984 Fri 13-Jun-14 17:40:13

Thank you for my copy I look forward to reading it and leaving some comments.

kittylester Fri 13-Jun-14 18:17:57

Me too! I do love GN. smile

rosesarered Fri 13-Jun-14 20:52:24

I didn't get one! Hummmph!envy

Lilygran Sat 14-Jun-14 07:44:26

Thank you for my copy. I'm still reading Almost English - have to hurry up.

rosesarered Sat 14-Jun-14 10:33:03

Hooray! My copy arrived this morning, sorry for moaning.blush

shysal Sat 14-Jun-14 10:49:15

Thanks for mine too!

GillT57 Sat 14-Jun-14 10:58:08

My copy was waiting for me when I got home yesterday, thank you!! I havent done this before, so do we read and discuss?

whenim64 Sat 14-Jun-14 11:10:16

Mine has just arrived, too. Thank you! Looking forward to reading this one. Gill just put your views on the book on here, or any questions you have for the author.

gardener Sat 14-Jun-14 11:21:03

Many thanks for the book arrived today......going to start it shortly when I've finished the one by the side if the bed ( " Nina Todd has Gone "....great read.)

Gagagran Sat 14-Jun-14 11:58:34

Mine's just come too. Thanks GN - love getting books in the post.

sherish Sat 14-Jun-14 12:06:42

My copy arrived this morning. It looks good. I can't wait to start reading it when I've finished my current read. Many thanks GN.

joannapiano Sat 14-Jun-14 12:09:18

Thank you for the book, will start reading it tonight. I, too, have "The Enlightenment of Nina Findlay" beside the bed and am half-way through.I am beginning to tire a bit of the fickle Nina and her flitting between 2 brothers.Will put it to one side for the moment.

glammanana Sat 14-Jun-14 12:50:51

Just took delivery of my copy Thanks so much GN.

Frannygranny Sat 14-Jun-14 12:54:28

Thanks, my copy arrived this morning. Great timing, I've just finished a book. Will start reading tonight.

GrandmaH Sat 14-Jun-14 14:30:41

What a nice surprise- I'd forgotten I applied for this book. as soon as I've finished Wide Sargasso Sea ( reading group book) I'll read it & comment.
Lots of time to read as DH glued to dratted football1

dorsetpennt Sat 14-Jun-14 15:56:04

My book arrived today, thank you Granset, you've really contributed to my library smile. As soon as I've finished my present book I shall start od this one then give my review !!!

matson Sat 14-Jun-14 17:00:58

My copy arrived today, thank you, I will post when I have read it.

NannyPam Sat 14-Jun-14 17:41:31

Mine arrived yesterday, thank you Gransnet. Hope to have read it in time to put a question on the thread.

keriku Sat 14-Jun-14 17:59:34

I received a copy of this today many thanks, I wish the publishers would put in a wee slip saying it is from gransnet, I am sure many folk never bother to review books as they are unsure where they havecame from. Looks an intriguing read-my mum will definitely want to raed this too!

GillT57 Sat 14-Jun-14 18:00:45

Thank you when this is the first one for me so wasnt sure of the protocol. granmdmaH how are you enjoying Wide Sargasso Sea? i had to read it for Arts foundation course with OU some years back and I hated it! Some of the boys at my son's school had to do it for A level, my son was lucky and didnt. I truly didnt engage with any of the characters and was completely disinterested (uninterested?) in their fate, so no good as far as I was concerned. I have had a little peek in gallery of vanished husbands and it is looking promising, I look forward to reading everyone's comments as we all get into it.

Rosannie Sat 14-Jun-14 18:21:10

Thank you for my copy of The Gallery of Vanished Husbands, I can't wait to read what has inspired the intriguing title! I shall post a comment/question as soon as I've read it.

Maggiemaybe Sat 14-Jun-14 19:18:09

Thank you for my copy too. I love the GN Book Club and the way I get to read and enjoy books I wouldn't have chosen for myself. It'd be interesting to learn how the books are chosen each month.

grandma60 Sat 14-Jun-14 20:57:14

Thank you for my copy. It arrived this morning. I had been thinking that I needed to stock up on books ready for the football. It looks really good.