Gransnet forums

AIBU

son-in-law

(24 Posts)
ninathenana Thu 01-Mar-12 18:23:51

DD has had a very rough PG. She is scheduled to have planned section in 3 wks. Due to babies heart condition.

DD is finding it hard to sleep, as one of her probs is excess amnio fluid and she is HUGE smile. She also has a 2 and half yr old to look after.

SIL threw his toys out the pram yesterday because she had 1 hr nap on the sofa !!

would it be reasonable to slap the silly man ?? angry

petallus Thu 01-Mar-12 18:30:17

Eminently so.

But I suppose you'd better not.

Notsogrand Thu 01-Mar-12 18:35:30

Sending a virtual slap!

Carol Thu 01-Mar-12 18:41:21

Some men are idiots! Would he prefer her to go into hospital for some bed rest? If I was her, I would be packing my hospital bag right now!

Anne58 Thu 01-Mar-12 18:41:37

ninathenana I think it would be totally unreasonable to slap him. A well aimed application of footwear to the testicles would be far more appropriate.

greenmossgiel Thu 01-Mar-12 18:42:11

And a good kick where it'll hurt the most! (I've just sent him a virtual one of those)!

Anne58 Thu 01-Mar-12 18:44:40

Green I thought that's what I said!

wotsamashedupjingl Thu 01-Mar-12 18:47:08

Why did he?

Annobel Thu 01-Mar-12 18:54:33

The poor girl needs all the rest she can get - what a pity this selfish moron can't get pregnant - that'd teach him. I hope they keep her in hospital as long as possible after the C section. I remember when I had a threatened miscarriage during my first pregnancy, my (now ex) husband was getting pretty resentful at my being kept in hospital for a week. Wish I'd read the signs then!

greenmossgiel Thu 01-Mar-12 18:54:53

We crossed over by less than a minute, phoenix! Methinks he needs to do a bit of growing up - very fast! angry

gracesmum Thu 01-Mar-12 18:58:57

What is his problem? Did the poor diddums have to do something for himself for once? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!angry

Anne58 Thu 01-Mar-12 19:01:20

green I agree with you! Not only grow up, but understand a bit more.

em Thu 01-Mar-12 19:23:02

After you've all given Nina's SiL a good seeing-to, may I invite you to turn your attention to mine? The two of them have so much in common they deserve to share the experience!!

Nanban Thu 01-Mar-12 19:29:56

I once told my two teenagers [at the time] that one day we women would freeze the bits of men we needed and chuck away the rest .....

nanachrissy Thu 01-Mar-12 20:16:10

I'dlike to watch Nanban grin

jeni Thu 01-Mar-12 20:26:01

The prat [disgusted]emoticon.

Annobel Thu 01-Mar-12 20:56:02

Awwww, nanban, I have very nice, considerate and well adjusted sons - don't stigmatise all males!

Greatnan Thu 01-Mar-12 22:07:06

Four days after my waters broke, I was in great pain, still at home, and my ex-husband infuriated my mother and sister by saying, as he practised knocking a golf ball into a glass in the living room ' Trouble with X,she panics'. I am the least panicky person in the world - I was just in agony.
When it came to having a vasectomy, he was too afraid and instead was happy for me to be sterilised. I ended up feeling nothing but contempt for him. When I told him I wanted a separation, he took to sitting outside the girls' school, drunk, embarrassing them and saying he was going to commit suicide.

Annobel Thu 01-Mar-12 22:50:36

That resonates with me,*Greatnan*. My ex had made an appointment for a vasectomy, but then claimed that he had heard that this procedure shortened the lifespan - of primates! So decided to cancel his appointment. He made no objection to my having the far more intrusive sterilisation. This was at the time when Michael Parkinson was making much of having had the snip. He appears to be still quite hale and hearty, I think!

Carol Thu 01-Mar-12 23:05:23

Haha! My ex-husband's vasectomy was booked to be done at our local surgery. I was going with him whilst in-laws looked after the children. We picked them up from school and when we got outside our house, we stopped to speak to neighbours. After a few minutes, I said to the children 'come on, let's go in as grandma will be here in a few minutes.' My husband then announced, half an hour before his appointment 'oh, they're not coming now.' He'd called it off the week before and decided not to tell me till the very last moment. Another nail in the coffin of our marriage.

kittylester Fri 02-Mar-12 15:27:30

Obviously, you know him best ninathenana but is he scared about how things are going to be after the baby is born and a sign of weakness on his partner's part is adding to it? Or is he really just an idiot?

ninathenana Fri 09-Mar-12 18:42:31

grin grin

Have only just caught up with your replies as guess what......................DD was admitted to hops for rest !!!

I've been at hers with DGS1 since Sunday. They have now let her out with strict instructions to rest.

phoenix you made me LOL just what I need at moment

Carol Fri 09-Mar-12 19:12:24

nina just what was needed by the sound of it - has he moderated his daft views now? x

ninathenana Tue 13-Mar-12 16:37:51

Carol
I did discuss it with him, he made some excuse and said DD was exaggerating!!

He's useless at showing/discussing his feelings. But I do think he's had a wakeup call