Gransnet forums

AIBU

It's Friday night, time to chill with glass of vino.. the front doors open, please help yourselves...:)

(87 Posts)
bikergran Fri 31-Aug-12 20:25:44

I have popped in and out this week, posted a few little msgs,and have lurked and read quite a few posts, and have noticed things seem to have got a little fraught this week....

DH in bed, cats asleep, tv off!

soooo I thought a few glasses of wine brew and cupcake for anyone driving/tea total smile

The wine is on the left as you walk in, brew and [cupcakes] on the right, coffee is in the perculator next to the microwave, just help yourselves, plenty of soft seating and cushions scattered around, some nibbles on the table.....

winewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewine

winewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewine

brewbrewbrewbrewbrewbrewbrew

cupcakecupcakecupcakecupcakecupcakecupcake
should be enough to go round smile

enjoy your evening, tomorrow is a new day gringrin

bikergran Tue 18-Sep-12 12:59:07

glass I hope today your mood has "lightened" smile and your day is a little if not brighter sunshine I'm sure someone will be along with another party before long (we all seem to need them now an again)...my little get together was a sort of chilled relaxing one..as Gransnet had been a little "fraught" that week..hmm but think all sorted now smile off to do some much needed decorating now (emulsioning the walls) etc so not doubt I shall need a stiff wine later ..although I may go Linedancing tonight..smile

glassortwo Mon 17-Sep-12 22:53:57

biker I need one of your parties, I am in a right mood with myself tonight!!!!

bikergran Mon 17-Sep-12 22:24:43

Oh shock sorry glass my exhaust had dropped off! so was a bit noisy! grin but all sorted now smile oh! glad your back, we missed you the other Friday!

whenim64 Mon 17-Sep-12 14:00:43

Don't bother apologising biker he makes enough noise for all the neighbours! grin. It's more likely he was angling to be invited in.

Glad you had a good time. Thanks, ladies, for finishing off the cake and scones, and removing all temptation! grin

bikergran Mon 17-Sep-12 13:30:09

well...I couldn' find anyone about..so I slipped into the lounge and just helped myself wine wine wine hic! grin I found Abba cd..wohoooooo I was boogiing quite nicely until your eighbours knocked on the door whenim64 so sorry about that..I shall go and apologise later grin

whenim64 Sun 16-Sep-12 22:36:41

Come on in biker and park your wheels. Here.....scones, cake, Baileys and some Prosecco we've saved for you! Tuck in - cheers! wine

glassortwo Sun 16-Sep-12 22:17:23

Hi biker your engine just woke me up I was having a nanna nap grin had a busy few days.

bikergran Sun 16-Sep-12 22:10:25

oh! heck! where is everybody? tut! missed the boat again..huhmph! hmm

bikergran Sun 16-Sep-12 22:08:13

Roarrrrrrr roarrrrrrrr screeeeeeeech!!...swerve!!!!! engine off!!!.. ...........
........................ takes helmet off and swaggers in......phewwwwww almost missed it...was justg going to log off when I noticed grin

annodomini Sun 16-Sep-12 22:06:39

Pinot gris, primarily. Not that I think wine is such a bargain in France as it used to be. We have a huge variety to choose from here from far-flung parts of the world that are competing successfully with French wine. Many wine makers in New Zealand have qualified as masters of wine in France and some are, in fact, French. Cheers again wine

whenim64 Sun 16-Sep-12 21:49:42

Cheers anno. What sort of wines did you enjoy when you were holidaying last week? I love shopping for wines in France. Every single bottle seems to be a bargain, in comparison with the UK wine

annodomini Sun 16-Sep-12 21:01:05

Cheeeeers! wine

whenim64 Sun 16-Sep-12 20:43:06

There's a grumpy man here who I bumped into next door, having a bit of a moan at the ladies on another thread. Come on in unicorn, slide down into that armchair and treat yourself to some wine and cake. There now, doesn't the world look a bit rosier when you're in good company? smile

merlotgran Sun 16-Sep-12 20:25:00

A soggy bottomed cake usually means I've forgotten to take it out of the tin.

Butternut Sun 16-Sep-12 20:17:47

Love cakes with soggy bottoms, the soggier the better merlo grin - ..... not when's scones, naturally......

merlotgran Sun 16-Sep-12 20:01:52

OOh Prosecco. Cheers! Just what I need after busy day cooking for all and sundry. The scones are divine, when. Not a soggy bottom in sight. grin

Butternut Sun 16-Sep-12 20:01:09

Smacks lips! Your cake is delicious when. Blasted phone hasn't stopped ringing - didn't anyone realise I was just about to bite into a fab. warm UDP cake! Some people have NO sense of timing............ wink

Fizzy water for me - no booze before bed (*bbb*)

whenim64 Sun 16-Sep-12 19:53:54

Baileys with ice, anyone? Or (fishes around under chair) what about some Prosecco? Pass these glasses round. wine Cheers!

annodomini Sun 16-Sep-12 19:44:18

I need neither reason nor excuse to enjoy your delicious baking, when. Yummy!

glassortwo Sun 16-Sep-12 19:34:41

I wouldnt notice when just what I need after a weekend of hard labour up at the house.

whenim64 Sun 16-Sep-12 19:23:34

I do like Paul Hollywood Merlot. He's a bit critical, though - he would notice my scones are a bit uneven grin

whenim64 Sun 16-Sep-12 19:21:26

Sorry, got delayed with the icecream - it was rock hard, but we're ready now. Ok, who wants some with their cake? There's Devon scones, strawberry jam and clotted cream on that tray over there. Help yourselves smile

Butternut Sun 16-Sep-12 19:09:37

Hey when - Is the U-D-P Cake still warm? Looking forward to a delicious slice....just finished supper and saved room for a forkful or two... grin

merlotgran Sun 16-Sep-12 19:08:02

All this baking, when. Have you invited Paul Hollywood? (licking lips emoticon)

whenim64 Sun 16-Sep-12 17:44:11

Crikey! Didn't bargain for catering size. I'm just putting a few scones in, too! grin