Gransnet forums

AIBU

amazing

(4 Posts)
grrrranny Fri 28-Dec-12 13:30:48

This is not a friend even with inverted commas. Just unbelievable. I'm dumbstruck at the cheek. I think you need to call her 'leech' if you have to refer to her ever again shock

gracesmum Fri 28-Dec-12 12:54:37

Good move to ignore the message - what a cheek!! In a way it must help to reassure you that you are doing the right thing and walking away.

Grannyknot Fri 28-Dec-12 12:49:56

celebgran your post made me smile, she must think you are a "Friend with Benefits"! Barefaced cheek. I didn't know what 'taking the p*ss' meant when I first came to live in London, until someone explained it to me as follows: Q. "Can you lend me a fiver please?" A. 'Sure'. As the fiver is proffered, the person says "Actually, could you make that a tenner?" grin she seems to be doing just that.

celebgran Fri 28-Dec-12 12:30:51

my so called "friends" the benefits one, rang yesterday and had cheek to leave message asking me for some decent emery boards (am beautician) I just ignored it!

she never even bothered to send us xmas card or even hand us one when we called round with her sons presents, I am not total mug!!