Gransnet forums

AIBU

Counsellor

(11 Posts)
celebgran Sat 16-Feb-13 11:35:13

Sensible glamananna oh work today so maybe good little break!
Just feel have to deal with all the difficult stuff always have and I dont like confrontation who does!

glammanana Sat 16-Feb-13 08:27:52

celebgran so sorry you had a bad day,but kind thoughts and being kind to each other is the way to go,harsh words hurt us but they can be overcome with actions of kindness in the long run. (((hugs)))

JessM Sat 16-Feb-13 06:01:52

ah, sorry you had a bad day. gadabout talks sense.

celebgran Fri 15-Feb-13 18:59:55

Gadabout gran you sound like you speak from experience agree we have try not let it ruin rest of our lives so hard will always be times when it is overwhelming guess need coping strategies for then!

Try be kind to each other was a decision we made but today not bee good domestic problems caused harsh words!

celebgran Fri 15-Feb-13 18:56:49

Thanks ladies jess know is funny but was soooo cold! I may think of further visit or even try different one but have reservations that digging it all up can be damaging is hard!

Things fragile with Gra and me again!

GadaboutGran Fri 15-Feb-13 18:35:24

Jess M is so right - nothing can take it away but you have options about how it affects the rest of your life. Talking is useful but only if the person has the capacity to hear the full horror of the story & helps you find a your way ahead. I've found finding the right person to help can be part of the journey.

Lots of hugs - it may be long, up & down & roundabout journey but there are ways through & lots of different ways to be supported - use all you can.

JessM Fri 15-Feb-13 18:13:13

Aw. May take more than one session before you feel better? Never going to make it go away is it, but it would be good if you could somehow ... feel a bit... more equipped to deal with it on a daily basis.

Ariadne Fri 15-Feb-13 17:30:02

Me too! Hugs.

Anne58 Fri 15-Feb-13 17:27:33

celeb just to let you know that I have read this and sending good wishes.

celebgran Fri 15-Feb-13 09:47:30

Lost part of text! Phone rang! Grrrrr just say that doubted this lady could give us professional angle on this lovely to talk to but was not inspired by her think is sad story and no one knows what on earth to say bel mooney from mail emailed me and just said she could not understand it and offered me commiserations she has definite view points and sent her 3 emails over last couple years so she knows full story.

We just have to get on with it like all other poor people in our boat.

celebgran Fri 15-Feb-13 09:37:41

Thanks to ladies who showed interests we both saw lady on wed I was very emotional stupid as missed my daughter badly on tues when had minor op.
She was very nice lady gave us over 2 hours but it was freezing cold !

She would prefer to see us separately not sure will help too much as was so distressing going through it all again but it has bought us closer we been having sticky patch decided firmly to look after each other and not apportion blame !