Gransnet forums

AIBU

Washing machine

(15 Posts)
Galen Mon 04-Mar-13 15:36:14

Well I've just put my third wash in. Only another three to go! Amazing how much washing there is after a month!

harrigran Mon 04-Mar-13 13:51:49

That's my excuse too Galen " I thought it was Californian pink fizz "
Good news that washer is now working.

Galen Mon 04-Mar-13 13:44:34

Mines the same and even those are bad. My main tv is sky so that's ok!
The corkscrew had turned up! I no longer have to make do with champagne (which I opened by mistake thinking it was prosecco!)

Ana Mon 04-Mar-13 13:37:21

Oh! How strange.

annodomini Mon 04-Mar-13 13:34:14

When they messed about with digital TV, my Freeview box would give me only Welsh TV channels. I went over to Virgin.

Ana Mon 04-Mar-13 12:55:55

Tvs that won't receive English? confused

Galen Mon 04-Mar-13 12:52:43

Well, washing machine is now working.the tvs that won't receive English need a new ariel according to local tv repair man.
I still can't find my corkscrew!angry cleaner says she hasn't touched it and gone all huffy, 'I never move anything' I know that because half time nothing's been dusted!
I know she's either thrown it away in one of her odd moments or put it somewhere strange?
Oh well have to order a new one!

gracesmum Mon 04-Mar-13 10:56:21

He did - "fitters" clearly didn't.

Galen Mon 04-Mar-13 10:53:42

It's wired into a spur unit rather than being just a plug. Blame my late oh. He was an e
Electrical engineer.BSc, M Tech.. C Eng. MIDPM.
I presume he knew what he was doing?

gracesmum Mon 04-Mar-13 10:48:18

When I saw this thread right next to Myths and Lies - I thought "How true!"
PS what the heck does "hard wired" mean? I have only ever had appliances that plug into the wall, apart from the electric oven part of the cooker. At the rislkof being without a washing machine for a further month I would have very tempted to tell them where precisely they could "position "their washing machine.

Galen Mon 04-Mar-13 10:22:16

They didn't ask me if it was hard wired or just a plug. If it had just been a plug I wouldn't have asked for it to be connected. I'd have done it myself!

Elegran Mon 04-Mar-13 10:20:28

Their toolkits do not include brains.

glammanana Mon 04-Mar-13 09:45:55

Wouldn't brains have told them this was required when it was ordered or is that too much to ask ??

Grannybug Mon 04-Mar-13 09:37:10

sad

Galen Mon 04-Mar-13 09:21:53

New machine turned up with fitters at 8am today! smile
'Sorry love, we can't do this as its hard wired in!'angry
I disconnected the old one from the spur unit, they then took the old one. I've now got to get an electrician to wire in the new one!
I might have a functioning machine some time! It has now been over a month!sad