Gransnet forums

AIBU

To expect my boiler to work

(16 Posts)
Galen Tue 19-Mar-13 16:23:19

Correct!
I'm Nae sae daft as to mess with gas

JessM Tue 19-Mar-13 16:13:20

Yes but are you saying you have a gas leak? Ah no, I think you are saying it is a water leak.

Galen Tue 19-Mar-13 15:19:34

Heart and circulation are plumbing, orthopaedics is carpentry, psychiatry is witchcraft. Pharmacy is cooking. Neurology is electrics No it's water.
My father enjoyed plumbing in his spare time from medicine, my DH was an electrical engineer.
I also know how to lay bricks.
DD built her own house, the only trade she couldn't master was plastering.

JessM Tue 19-Mar-13 14:25:16

Galen - are you talking about a gas leak on your property?
Or
Are you diagnosing what is wrong with your boiler? (in which case, well, what would you say if a plumber or gas engineer started diagnosing heart conditions?)

whenim64 Tue 19-Mar-13 14:17:04

It's an A series, Galen. Great car, but I think Mercedes overcharge, so I'll be going somewhere else for the next service. Funnily enough, I also got a tip from the Mercedes taxi driver who dropped me off when I went to collect it, so I'll go to the one he recommended next time.

Galen Tue 19-Mar-13 14:04:56

What model have you? Mines the old B class. That included £66 for brake something that he insisted needed replacing every 2 years! If that is so, why isn't it included in the set service charge?
I'm going to try the Weston super mare garage next time instead of the Cribbs causeway one. A mercedes taxi driver told me they are more reasonable!

whenim64 Tue 19-Mar-13 13:43:50

Galen my recent Mercedes service and MOT (no work needed) was £499, the swines!! I think I have paid for their fancy showroom to be refurbished!

Galen Tue 19-Mar-13 13:31:03

He's just been. My diagnosis was right! It's the pump. He hopes to get a new one for tomorrow! He's also going to give me a guesstimate for repiping!

glassortwo Tue 19-Mar-13 13:30:29

shock

Galen Tue 19-Mar-13 13:12:37

Thechapsin the area, he'll be here soon and my car will hopefully be back from its £336 service at 2000 miles and 2 years old!
Last mercedes I buy!

glassortwo Tue 19-Mar-13 13:09:06

Oh galen not again, give me a shout if DH can give any advise smile

Mishap Tue 19-Mar-13 13:06:34

Hope all is safe with a leaking pipe - have a care there!

Hope DD is not too sick - very hard to cope with if she also has a job and another little one. I have always thought that this is an extraordinary design fault - what survival purpose does endless puking serve I wonder?

gracesmum Tue 19-Mar-13 13:05:38

Remember, you've been there, done that - she'll cope!! smile It's early days yet though as you say.

Galen Tue 19-Mar-13 13:03:40

Very early days yet. Not til October. She's being very sick poor girl but still struggling on with teaching and little one!

gracesmum Tue 19-Mar-13 12:58:57

Noooooooooooooooooooooooh! Poor you- not again? Hope the corgi man does his stuff, but this is seriously unfunny. sad for you
But on the sunshine side, I had missed that your DD is having another baby! When is (s)he due? Congratulations to the doting DG!!

Galen Tue 19-Mar-13 12:54:03

This am, my boiler switched itself off without my permission.
I got it firing again, but it's making a vibrating noise!
I am AGAIN waiting for a corgi engineer to come!

Some of you may remember I had problems earlier. I tried to move to British gas but as I was honest and said that I suspected there was a slow leak somewhere in the piping they declined to take it on. Come the summer I am going to have to have it all re piped! But I'm waiting for the sunshine