Gransnet forums

AIBU

People Who Annoy me!!

(94 Posts)
mrsmopp Mon 15-Apr-13 22:39:29

There are people who pick up their doggie-do's in a plastic bag (good) but then helpfully tie the bag to the nearest tree or hedge - one even hooked it to my front gate!
There are people on public transport who sit in the aisle seat with their bags on the window seat and look at me very huffily with deep sighs when I politely ask if I can sit down!
Come on, who are the people who annoy you?

gracesmum Wed 17-Apr-13 15:23:54

Poor, Frank?????? What happened to that generous London pension?
Cheap petrol is not always good for your car you know - could be false economy.

Nonu Wed 17-Apr-13 15:21:16

Hope you put the instructor straight Frank .

grin

HUNTERF Wed 17-Apr-13 15:16:16

Maniac

A temporary Bums and Tums instructor addressed the class as Girls the other day when there were 3 men at the front.

Frank

HUNTERF Wed 17-Apr-13 15:14:07

gillybob

I go to Asda because the petrol is cheap.

Frank

Maniac Wed 17-Apr-13 15:01:07

My Pilates teacher who often addresses the class as 'you guys' when there are only two men in a class of twelve!

soop Wed 17-Apr-13 14:40:23

Rules us lot on Gransnet out then, Tracy wink

TracySmith Wed 17-Apr-13 14:37:39

People who think they know everything and people who lack common sense.

gillybob Wed 17-Apr-13 12:47:31

Is that why you go there Frank? grin

HUNTERF Wed 17-Apr-13 11:48:51

Oh yes. There was a full moon when it happened once.

Frank

HUNTERF Wed 17-Apr-13 11:48:00

absent

Often I go out on a Friday and fill the car up at Asda on the way back because the petrol is cheaper ( I am poor ).
The pumps are unsupervised and seem to attract lunatics.

Frank

Bags Wed 17-Apr-13 11:40:18

I'm beginning to think you talk about yourself, hunter, and that you are your own worst enemy.

absent Wed 17-Apr-13 11:32:06

I have never seen anyone smoke in a petrol station in this country or any other that I have visited on four continents and I am positive that they would soon be told to put the cigarette out by the manager.

HUNTERF Wed 17-Apr-13 11:21:18

People who smoke cigarettes when filling their cars with petrol.

Nonu Tue 16-Apr-13 23:22:46

I agree Hunterf ,
I am merely saying I only have to say "Excuse me^ once .moon

Ausgrandma Tue 16-Apr-13 23:16:04

I love my 4 x 4 it has got me out of a lot of tricky places over the years i.e. driving through flooded roads, muddy fields and snow..Great for towing my caravan, and helping stranded drivers out of a jam....thankfully I live in the country where 4x4 are the norm smile

HUNTERF Tue 16-Apr-13 22:55:49

Nonu

The man was not obliged to say anything as the women were blocking a supermarket corridor.
They should have apologised to him.

Frank

Nonu Tue 16-Apr-13 22:00:10

I only have to say it once

HUNTERF Tue 16-Apr-13 21:44:06

People who do not listen when you say excuse me 3 times.
I heard a man saying excuse me to 3 women who were indulged in a conversation blocking a supermarket corridor.
He then barged through and the women said why did you not say excuse me to him.
I heard him from 50 yards away say excuse me and suggested they got their ears syringed.

Frank

GrannyGear Tue 16-Apr-13 21:38:38

People who use a car for relatively short journeys when they could easily walk or cycle and then complain about other drivers going too slowly on country lanes.

Bags Tue 16-Apr-13 21:16:19

kitty, I used to carry small notices which were dry but had a lickable sticky side like old stamps. They were about 4cm x 3cm and said: "Pavements are for pedestrians". Very easy to whip out of your pocket, lick, or wipe on a damp hedge and then slap on a car window, mirror, door, bonnet, etc. as you casually walked past. Don't know if they did any good but at least one felt one was trying to educate the toerags.

Nonu Tue 16-Apr-13 21:07:06

Ps sorry , I am slightly lost about CLOCS ?

ps Tue 16-Apr-13 21:02:05

Where do I start -
CLOCS - Centre lane owners club members who have forgotten that there is only one driving lane on UK motorway's the other two or three are overtaking lanes. The only exception being when variable speed limits are imposed.
Parents who, ad nauseam, tell their offspring not to do that because it is naughty whilst said offspring totally ignores them and joyfully continues being naughty in the knowledge that it can and therefore will.
Dog fouling on public rights of way, on pavements approaching primary schools or in public spaces and on beaches.
Infidelity and those who boast of it.
Intollerance of children and senior citizens.

Steffers Tue 16-Apr-13 19:23:07

People who walk their dogs off a lead and do not have them under control............it's ok to say he is friendly and he just wants to play our very scared rescue dog does'nt know that..........she reacts by showing her teeth but just because she sees the others as a threat when she has been properly intoduced she is fine still wary but will happily walk along with the others So folk please realise some dogs just need their own space...........thatnkyou for letting me add this

matson Tue 16-Apr-13 18:34:37

people who spit in the street! I saw an older lady do this last week and I was gobsmacked,

nanaej Tue 16-Apr-13 18:00:12

Pontificators! People who have little or no experience of something but spout forth as if they did!