Gransnet forums

AIBU

Market stall holder re skirt

(6 Posts)
jennycockerspaniel Thu 06-Jun-13 23:34:28

Was at the market and t this morning spotted long beige skirt thought I would buy it for Christening was not cheap. Waiting to try on Lady in front trying on skirt stall holder suggested lady try imy skirt on and I asked for it back she turned round and said it wont fit you but we both were the same size so i just said I wont bother and wont be coming back I was quite upset but I tend to speak up now I am older What would you have said?

HMHNanna Fri 07-Jun-13 00:03:57

Hi jennycockerspaniel. What you've never had you never miss. Just don't think about it, and go for something else. I have regretted not snapping up a bargain in the past, but it usually turns out that I find something much better. I hope that you enjoy the Christening. Oh and by the way I would have probably said to her "Oh I am so glad that I didn't try it on, it wouldn't have suited me at all".

jennycockerspaniel Fri 07-Jun-13 21:06:07

Glad I didn't get the skirt, bought some trousers from TJ Hughes perfest fit and colour and reduced I aslo bought a pretty blouse from Klass white,tourquiose/beige also in the sale I don't tend to get bargains in size 20 so got blouse and skirt for not much more The young girl was so helpful pleasant found right length so my faith in shopping is restored

jennycockerspaniel Fri 07-Jun-13 21:07:08

Update

Ana Fri 07-Jun-13 21:09:04

Good for you, jenny! smile

HMHNanna Fri 07-Jun-13 21:30:45

There you go jennycockerspaniel. You weren't meant to have that skirt. What you have got sounds lovely. Have a good time at the Christening.