Gransnet forums

AIBU

to be angry at vandalism

(11 Posts)
sunseeker Mon 01-Jul-13 11:09:43

On Friday 80 decorated models of Gromit were placed in various parts of Bristol. These are due to be in place until September when they will be auctioned off to raise money for the local Childrens Hospital. Two have already been broken, one had its tail broken off and the other was ripped from its base and had the neck broken.

These models will give a great deal of pleasure to people in and around Bristol but some idiots think it is "fun" to damage them. Bearing in mind the ultimate aim is to raise money to help sick children, the vandalism has made me very angry (and I am usually quite a placid person).

Those not in the Bristol area can have a look at some of them by going to the website Gromit Unleashed (sorry can't do links!)

HUNTERF Mon 01-Jul-13 11:31:38

I went in some car park lifts a little while ago and the man next to me said he had spent his previous working day clearing off the graffiti from the lifts and some other places in the council owned car park.
The lift we were in was covered in new fresh graffiti.
We had a look in the other 2 and the same had happened there.
He was a little worried as he was new to the job but I am sure his boss would have seen this type of thing before so he had no worries.
I was more annoyed that our taxes is going in to this type of rubbish. The money could be better spent on things like schools and hospitals.

Frank

soop Mon 01-Jul-13 11:33:35

sunseeker Vandalism makes me livid. angry

Butty Mon 01-Jul-13 11:48:37

I though the placing of all the different Gromit's around Bristol a brilliant idea - so this vandalism makes me feel very sad. It's just so completely pointless.

j08 Mon 01-Jul-13 12:07:24

No!!! I don't believe it! hmm angry angry angry

j08 Mon 01-Jul-13 12:08:31

We had a thread about them a little while back. sad

j08 Mon 01-Jul-13 12:09:37

I so HOPE there are cctv cameras.

Tegan Mon 01-Jul-13 12:42:45

I like to think that the karma police will get them even if the real ones don't.

mollie Mon 01-Jul-13 12:55:39

Probably 'kids' who think it's just a bit of fun and have no idea of the knock on effect... 'but it was just a larf!!' angry

nanaej Mon 01-Jul-13 13:29:45

not unreasonable at all! Thoughtless and foolish behaviour is at least annoying and at most infuriating angry

Grannyknot Mon 01-Jul-13 13:45:25

That is so upsetting.