Gransnet forums

AIBU

Heathrow, terminal 5 and BA!

(117 Posts)
Galen Sat 05-Oct-13 00:00:03

Which paper would you suggest I write an article for?

Galen Sat 19-Oct-13 18:12:35

Blimey! Got a response already asking for more details which I've sent!

Galen Sat 19-Oct-13 17:18:42

Vegas thanks I've sent them an email

Stansgran Sat 19-Oct-13 16:14:34

What about the travel complaints in the Saturday Times. It's generally about money but it could be worth a try.

vegasmags Sat 19-Oct-13 08:53:01

Sadly, according to this website www.reducedmobility.eu/ your experience is all too familiar, Galen. I think it might be useful to contact them and share the disgraceful treatment you suffered. One suggestion I picked up from the site is that Zac Goldsmith is the MP for Heathrow - might it be worthwhile to get in touch with him?

Galen Sat 19-Oct-13 08:20:56

I'll come back this evening with a reference
Off to work now

whenim64 Fri 18-Oct-13 21:01:15

Galen I tried terminal 5 but the one that comes up is empty of tweets, and the general @HeathrowAirport has no other recent relevant tweets that I can add to. Do you have a link, or a particular peace of information you would like us all to include in the tweets, so they can be seen as supporting your complaint?

petra Fri 18-Oct-13 20:48:08

www.frankgardner.co.uk

Galen Fri 18-Oct-13 16:53:54

I've posted him on fb

Galen Fri 18-Oct-13 16:12:08

If everybody texted to hearth row terminal 5 ot tweeted or whatever, perhaps someone might notice!
I tried to contact Simon Calder but haven't had a. Reply!

hebrideanlady Fri 18-Oct-13 15:46:04

I feel galen is fighting for a lot of us, it could just as easily of been me, if there is anything I can do to help so you are not doing this on your own, please say

JessM Fri 18-Oct-13 15:33:23

You can contact him via facebook galen

https://www.facebook.com/FrankRGardner

It's the airport though, isn't it, that let you down, not BA?

Aka Fri 18-Oct-13 15:26:28

How about we all text her? If we are each given a five minute slot!!!!!! grin

Galen Fri 18-Oct-13 14:39:52

How?

petra Fri 18-Oct-13 14:30:49

Contact Frank Gardner. He is a BBC reporter who is wheelchair bound. He is always complaining about travel for disabled people.

Galen Fri 18-Oct-13 13:34:45

My latest bullet bullet

It is YOU Heathrow and your porters (or lack of them ) I'm complaining about. Please reply. I am getting angry!

LizG Fri 18-Oct-13 13:10:06

How stupid of them and very frustrating for you. It looks as though you are sending it straight back which is good. Companies are so busy trying to make out that they are completely right that they forget they are dealing with real human beings who have genuine complaints.

hebrideanlady Fri 18-Oct-13 13:09:56

That is awful Galen so matter of fact and business like, They are talking about the circumstances as if you are not a human being, as if you are luggage. Your horrible experience has made me much warier of airports in general. Thanks for sharing this

JessM Fri 18-Oct-13 12:36:40

The people that corporations put in charge of complaints are so often useless!

whenim64 Fri 18-Oct-13 12:18:40

That's terrible Galen. This person's lack of understanding only serves to make things worse.

Galen Fri 18-Oct-13 11:58:01

This is not addressing my complaints which were mainly about the lack of porterage . I would point out that there was no one available to drive the buggy when we arrived on the return flight.
On the 22 sept. I actually arrived at the airport at 05am. No porter was available!
I addressed my complaint to Heathrow airport who have forwarded it to you!
Please redirect to Heathrow complaints!

On 18 Oct 2013, at 11:39, Kay Harris <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear

Thank you once again for providing us with your feedback.

BA 594 – 22.9.13

The Help Points are operated and run by Heathrow Airport so I am unable to comment on the lack of a porter to assist with your luggage as this needs to be addressed directly to Heathrow Airport. It appears that our Host intervened when the porter, who assisted with your excess luggage, attempted to charge you for the porterage service.

From the electronic and manual data that we retain our records show that at 06.22 you were assisted through Heathrow Security arriving in the lounge at 06.35. At 07.42 you were collected and assisted with 3 other passengers to the High Lift which arrived at 08.05. The High lift was at the aircraft side at 08.15 and reported clear at 08.27.

I am unable to comment on any issues relating to British Airways ground crew, these should be addressed directly to the airline.

BA 639 – 04.10.13

This flight arrived on stand 54 minutes late at 16.24. You were met and assisted on a buggy through the arrivals process to baggage reclaim. Regrettably there were no porters available and our agent remained with you until 18.20. I am unable to comment on the availability of porterage and this again should be addressed directly with Heathrow Airport.

I am sorry that you were once again disappointed by our service.
With kind regards
Kay

Kay Harris
Office Manager
D'Albiac House (Room 2047)
Terminal 3
Cromer Road
Heathrow Airport
Middlesex
TW6 1SD

Tele: 0208 745 6604
Mobile: 07920 012839

<image001.jpg>

The information transmitted is the property of ABM and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination and other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, received late or incomplete, or could contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any error or omission in the contents of this message, which arises as a result of e-mail transmission. www.abm.com

Galen Fri 18-Oct-13 11:56:31

I have finally had a non helpful response

NfkDumpling Tue 08-Oct-13 18:50:57

Transferring at Minneapolis was the most scary, disorganised mayhem.

JessM Tue 08-Oct-13 18:24:04

I can believe the sydney thing. I only caught my flight courtesy of:
having a bright red bag i could locate at a distance (it was off the carousel by the time i got through immigration)
the fact that biosecurity were far more interested in Chinese groceries than my boots
nice Maori lads who did not mind me pushing in front of them in queue at domestic check in
Going straight to the business desk in the domestic terminal
The fact that I was able, as suggested, to run to the gate.

So the learning points were
Dont think you can immigrate at Sydney (or LAX actually) and take another flight in less than 3 hours.
Red suitcases are good idea
and make sure if you have walking boots that they are immaculate (top and bottom) before you get on flight or don't take them at all.
Oh and its a good idea to make sure you have had a wee on the plane or before you join those terrible queues.
(i think it can be this bad sometimes for non nationals coming into UK?)

moomin Tue 08-Oct-13 17:21:36

Can relate totally JessM re LAX in particular! We were at the end of the queue during a 2 hour lay-over and just made it back onto the same aircraft having effectively moved around in a loop, finger prints, iris checks etc - no time to sample the delights hmm of the "refreshments" on offer, just made a quick gallop to the loo then ran onto the plane!

My daughter & family had the experience of missing their onward flight between Sydney and Canberra when flying in from Auckland a few weeks ago due to the time it took to go thro' immigration then get on a bus to the domestic terminal.

Will agree, anno re Auckland, thorough but friendly. We had to open our suitcase as they saw something when it went through the scanner - it was a box of PG Tips for our DD! Mention Marmite and you receive a wry smile - they've seen it all before!

thatbags Tue 08-Oct-13 17:07:10

Paranoia more like, eh jess?