Gransnet forums

AIBU

Heathrow, terminal 5 and BA!

(117 Posts)
Galen Sat 05-Oct-13 00:00:03

Which paper would you suggest I write an article for?

LizG Fri 18-Oct-13 13:10:06

How stupid of them and very frustrating for you. It looks as though you are sending it straight back which is good. Companies are so busy trying to make out that they are completely right that they forget they are dealing with real human beings who have genuine complaints.

Galen Fri 18-Oct-13 13:34:45

My latest bullet bullet

It is YOU Heathrow and your porters (or lack of them ) I'm complaining about. Please reply. I am getting angry!

petra Fri 18-Oct-13 14:30:49

Contact Frank Gardner. He is a BBC reporter who is wheelchair bound. He is always complaining about travel for disabled people.

Galen Fri 18-Oct-13 14:39:52

How?

Aka Fri 18-Oct-13 15:26:28

How about we all text her? If we are each given a five minute slot!!!!!! grin

JessM Fri 18-Oct-13 15:33:23

You can contact him via facebook galen

https://www.facebook.com/FrankRGardner

It's the airport though, isn't it, that let you down, not BA?

hebrideanlady Fri 18-Oct-13 15:46:04

I feel galen is fighting for a lot of us, it could just as easily of been me, if there is anything I can do to help so you are not doing this on your own, please say

Galen Fri 18-Oct-13 16:12:08

If everybody texted to hearth row terminal 5 ot tweeted or whatever, perhaps someone might notice!
I tried to contact Simon Calder but haven't had a. Reply!

Galen Fri 18-Oct-13 16:53:54

I've posted him on fb

petra Fri 18-Oct-13 20:48:08

www.frankgardner.co.uk

whenim64 Fri 18-Oct-13 21:01:15

Galen I tried terminal 5 but the one that comes up is empty of tweets, and the general @HeathrowAirport has no other recent relevant tweets that I can add to. Do you have a link, or a particular peace of information you would like us all to include in the tweets, so they can be seen as supporting your complaint?

Galen Sat 19-Oct-13 08:20:56

I'll come back this evening with a reference
Off to work now

vegasmags Sat 19-Oct-13 08:53:01

Sadly, according to this website www.reducedmobility.eu/ your experience is all too familiar, Galen. I think it might be useful to contact them and share the disgraceful treatment you suffered. One suggestion I picked up from the site is that Zac Goldsmith is the MP for Heathrow - might it be worthwhile to get in touch with him?

Stansgran Sat 19-Oct-13 16:14:34

What about the travel complaints in the Saturday Times. It's generally about money but it could be worth a try.

Galen Sat 19-Oct-13 17:18:42

Vegas thanks I've sent them an email

Galen Sat 19-Oct-13 18:12:35

Blimey! Got a response already asking for more details which I've sent!

JessM Sat 19-Oct-13 18:18:27

Good.
Trouble with MPs is that they won't deal with members of the public that are not in their constituencies.
And they don't have much sway with private companies. They do send letters (i remember being in a department on receiving end of one re a disciplinary matter and we all agreed that it was none of the MPs business.)
Things like utilites take a bit more interest though.

LizG Sat 19-Oct-13 18:19:51

That's good news smile hope it moves things forward.

whenim64 Sat 19-Oct-13 18:29:25

Good, Galen! Let's hope they start grovelling very soon!

Galen Sat 19-Oct-13 18:30:35

They say they've passed it to the head of customer services. Watch this spot!

vegasmags Sat 19-Oct-13 18:38:49

That sounds promising Galen - do keep us posted.

Galen Sat 19-Oct-13 18:46:44

I wished them luck as I'd got nowhere!
Another email saying they always get through and their ed in chief has a monthly meeting with the head of passenger services!
I'm impressed!

vegasmags Sat 19-Oct-13 19:02:14

Fingers crossed Galen. I came across their site just by googling, so let's hope.

Galen Sat 19-Oct-13 19:14:40

Quite!

Galen Tue 22-Oct-13 18:11:10

Just had this from them
name is Roberto Castiglioni. I am the founder and editor-in-chief of Reduced Mobility Rights. On Monday, my support team forwarded your complaint to my attention.

I understand Mrs Jayne Sharp will contact you later today. Jayne is deputy head of passenger support services at London Heathrow. Last night I entertained correspondence with her boss, Mr Mark Hicks, about your complaint. Earlier today I shared my comments on their report, and understand the airport is taking action to rectify the causes that led to your unpleasant experience.

Clearly, your complaint highlights areas where services for passengers with reduced mobility have room for improvement. I am satisfied with the information received as to the list of actions the airport will undertake to make sure these problems will not happen again in the future. I will personally monitor that this is the case, and will make use of one of my “mystery shoppers” in the near future to test services.

I have also taken the liberty to approach the head of Diversity at British Airways for what concerns the portion of your complaint related to the airline’s performance. This is being looked into, and I shall revert back to you as soon as we get the relevant feedback from the airline.

I would like to once again thank you for contacting Reduced Mobility Rights, and sharing your experience with us. Readers and passengers’ feedback are of paramount importance for my organization as they enable us to spot problems and work with airports and airlines to implement solutions which are aimed to deliver dignified access to air travel for passengers with special needs.

With very best wishes,

Roberto Castiglioni