Gransnet forums

AIBU

Holiday competition - Haven [sad]

(14 Posts)
lizliz Sun 13-Apr-14 20:18:24

Am I being unreasonable?

I thought I might enter your lovely holiday competition but when I checked the T&C's it appears that the holiday is not available in July & Aug which is the school holidays!

When else could you like to take your grandson on holiday?

The competition photograph shows children playing on the beach - they're obviously not at school. So disappointing.

Come on Gransnet and Haven think of the children (and their Nana).

Am I wrong? - OR - Am I being unreasonable in my expectations?

sad A very sad sad
Nana Pearson

Anne58 Sun 13-Apr-14 20:20:45

Errm, doesn't apply to me, but some may have pre-school age grandchildren?

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 13-Apr-14 20:43:06

I suppose Haven aren't going to give away holidays during the periods when they know they can sell them, and when the holidays are more expensive.

Ana Sun 13-Apr-14 20:52:21

Do you only log onto Gransnet for the competitions, lizliz? You could always join in with the discussions etc. and find out what other grans think about what's reasonable or not...just a thought.

Anne58 Sun 13-Apr-14 20:58:16

Ana's right you know! There's a lot more to Gransnet than competitions!

seasider Sun 13-Apr-14 21:13:41

Lots of people seem to win the competitions who never post on Gransnet. I think they must just be professional compers!

kittylester Sun 13-Apr-14 21:16:42

I agree Ana - I get quite cross about people only coming onto gn to enter the competitions!

Flowerofthewest Sun 13-Apr-14 21:36:20

Yes, I too am surprised at the number of names I do not recognise. I suppose people have the right to enter the comps and not post but they are missing a lot.

harrigran Sun 13-Apr-14 23:16:02

Yes some of us spend hours every day on here and don't win competitions, there again I wouldn't enter one to win a holiday with Haven ... not my thing.

kittylester Mon 14-Apr-14 07:06:10

I have won some good prizes on GN so shouldn't really comment about other people winning but I'm not sure anyone should complain about a free holiday when ever it might be.

Aka Mon 14-Apr-14 07:23:18

Welcome to GN Lizliz we look forward to hearing more from you

Grannyknot Mon 14-Apr-14 08:15:48

Welcome LizLiz. 're your question, I don't think you can expect competition prizes on here to only be for grandparents who have grandchildren grin. I don't have grandchildren but I am a Grand Parent.

Snoozy Mon 14-Apr-14 09:11:45

The prize is a short break, either midweek or weekend. You could choose the weekend break and leave on Sunday evening if necessary?

Elegran Mon 14-Apr-14 09:23:38

Have you told GNHQ about your opinion? They can do more about such things than we can.