Gransnet forums

AIBU

Fashion???

(89 Posts)
GrumpyOldMan Sun 04-May-14 12:40:24

My better half brought to my attention a bunch of photos of celebrities??? at different functions.
She tended to agree with me that most of the dresses were not very appropriate / flattering or the correct colour for these people.
For instance a number of specimens were wearing mini skirts when their legs should have been hidden by long skirts ( chicken legs or even pencil legs). and those bubble hems are just ridiculous.
Anyone else agree that women should wear long skirts unless they have a very fine pair of pins.
Fashion just seems to be getting a lot of money for rubbish!

rosequartz Mon 12-May-14 16:51:52

cazz19, do they really think we want to look at their underpants or worse, their builder's bum? And as for the girls, I haven't seen any but am appalled at what you said!

I was amused a couple of years ago when I picked up DD2 late one cold winter's night; as we drove home through the town centre she kept exclaiming 'Just look at those girls, they're hardly wearing anything, those skirts are so short there's no point in wearing one; look at her, it's all hanging out of her top' etc etc. This from the wise perspective of her 28 years!

At one time they might have been arrested for indecency but anything goes these days I suppose.

cazz19 Mon 12-May-14 08:07:22

i hate the way men and boys wear those stupid jeans that hang below their backsides , and girls that think short skirts no knickers is a pleasant way to dress , we have seen it in our town and its appalling one girl visibly bent over in a shop in front of us and well put me of lunch , even my husband was shocked also our teenage daughter, and the girl did not seem to care, i told my teenager thats how not to dress , better to cover and leave to a young mans imagination

rosequartz Sat 10-May-14 17:34:27

You are not old-fashioned, Galen. Some people turn up for job interviews dressed inappropriately like that and wonder why they can't get a job!

HollyDaze Sat 10-May-14 17:26:24

I am happy to say it: in my day, we'd have been told to remove the baseball cap! I remember when I was about 15 and had left school and I was looking for something to do and went off to see the careers advisor; I was told to sit up and stop slouching lol

DebnCreme Sat 10-May-14 14:39:50

Phew, that's a relief Nonu

Feeling that does not make you Old Fashioned Galen. I would want to knock the baseball cap off and demand they spat out the gum smile at least.

Nonu Sat 10-May-14 13:37:26

Thank you , it is back safe and sound !

Borrow any time you want , no need to ask !

grin

Nonu Sat 10-May-14 13:35:29

<LE SIGH>

of course !!!!!!!!

:-)

Galen Sat 10-May-14 13:15:40

I may be old fashioned, but it find it very inappropriate for men to turn up as claimants to a tribunal dressed in baggy shorts and singlets with a baseball cap which they keep on throughout the hearing. All the time chewing gum.

DebnCreme Sat 10-May-14 13:11:11

Can I borrow your <le sigh> Nonu? I have got good and long legs so can get away with shorts and cropped trousers. Sadly top half lets me down horribly as well as the psoriasis patches on my legs which sort of spoils the leg effect. <le grande sigh>

At least it is recommended that sun is good for psoriasis so only problem is getting shorts to fit. I now return your special 'emoticon' and promise not to filch it again grin

rosequartz Sat 10-May-14 13:01:17

I would have the Gym to myself if I did that!

HollyDaze Sat 10-May-14 12:52:18

if I want to wear my Stilettos and hotpants at the GYM I will do...

grin

Nonu Fri 09-May-14 19:43:46

Cor blimey BIker bet them lads are fallin" all over you !

grin

bikergran Fri 09-May-14 19:10:40

if I want to wear my Stilettos and hotpants at the GYM I will do....grin grin shock

jeanie99 Fri 09-May-14 18:58:02

I read somewhere that you shouldn't wear trainers except in the gym, well sod that I find them comfortable and I don't gives a t***what the fashion gurus think.

We all have our own opinions of what looks good/bad on someone else but does it really matter.

As long as you feel good in the outfit who cares, life is short.

Nonu Fri 09-May-14 17:48:10

Brilliant idea HOLLY, GO ON ANA you know you want to !!!!!!

Ana Fri 09-May-14 17:37:26

grin

HollyDaze Fri 09-May-14 17:36:05

Well if you put us on a countdown Ana, we can all assemble at the right time and read it quick before you get sent to the naughty step wink

Ana Fri 09-May-14 17:05:44

I could tell you - but my post would be deleted! grin

HollyDaze Fri 09-May-14 17:02:02

<le sigh> indeed Nonu - we shall have to ruminate (and probably be way off the mark!)

Nonu Fri 09-May-14 16:56:28

that is the trouble with deleted posts HOLLY, if you haven't seen them you don"t what has been said . Aggravating or what?

<Le Sigh>

HollyDaze Fri 09-May-14 16:48:03

I wish I wasn't so nosy inquisitive, I'd love to know what that post said grin

rosequartz Fri 09-May-14 16:36:19

You can get off now, silverfish. Just say sorry and promise to be good in future (until the next time)! grin

HollyDaze Fri 09-May-14 14:55:41

Are you still on the naughty step silverfish lol

Silverfish Wed 07-May-14 21:07:02

I was agreeing with you Holly but I used stronger words and it was deleted. naughty naughty. lol

Silverfish Wed 07-May-14 20:36:01

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.