Gransnet forums

AIBU

Rolf Harris

(434 Posts)
NanKate Thu 15-May-14 09:58:25

As the trial continues I notice that every photo I see of Rolf going into court his wife is grinning widely and Rolf appears to be supported physically by his family.

Whatever the truth is I wish his wife didn't look as if they were going to a party. Also Rolf has always been quite sprightly, I wonder if his new demeanour is being put on.

What do you think ?

annodomini Fri 16-May-14 16:39:12

I wonder how the Queen feels now about having had her portrait done by RH, not that I think she was at risk in any way.

papaoscar Fri 16-May-14 17:56:06

You're very forgiving,TF. If they find him guilty I hope he suffers for the rest of his miserable life. The sexual abuse of children is unforgivable no matter who does it or whatever the circumstances.

Marelli Fri 16-May-14 18:01:42

And so do I, papaoscar.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 16-May-14 18:08:26

" not that I think she was at risk in any way." grin

No anno. I don't think she was. grin

NanKate Fri 16-May-14 18:41:38

Her maj would have set the corgis on him.

glassortwo Fri 16-May-14 19:09:02

TriciaF
It doesn't mean he was all bad. Just that he had this terrible weakness in his nature. Common in many people (mostly men) not just celebrities

That statement made my blood run cold, that weakness in his (if found guilty) and others nature robs children of their childhood, and no its not something that can ever be forgiven.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 16-May-14 19:15:16

I've never liked him. Something about him. Never imagined this though.

Riverwalk Fri 16-May-14 19:54:47

Just a little bit bad then Tricia confused

susieb755 Fri 16-May-14 20:52:27

I'm with Gill, I just cannot believe it of Rolf - and actually he has limped for a few year- on the last vet programme a couple of years ago he barely walked at all.
Why would you have an affair with someone who abused you ? and try to blackmail them? My 13 yr old diaries are full of angst, and I sure as hell would have mentioned feeling sad
There were always whispers around saville, and hall, not a word about Rolf

And look at the two coronation street stars - both nor guilty - a woman claiming to have been raped, then goes round his house a well later- absolute tosh ... I speak as someone who has been through this myself, and I couldn't leave the house for a year , except to school and back, and syill bear the physical scars from self harm, although in the 70s it wasnt called that

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 16-May-14 20:55:20

Well yes. But you need to be careful on here. you could get flamed

rosequartz Fri 16-May-14 21:08:53

This is sub judice. Just thought I would mention it.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 16-May-14 21:11:01

shock!!!

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 16-May-14 21:11:10

Shhhh!

Ana Fri 16-May-14 21:18:53

We're still allowed to air our opinions, surely? It's not a dictator state yet...

Elegran Fri 16-May-14 21:21:19

Leesten carefully. I shall say zees only not-at-all.

rosequartz Fri 16-May-14 21:23:57

Well, public comments on whether a person is innocent or guilty could jeopardise a trial. Just thought I would say......

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 16-May-14 21:27:10

Yes. And Galen is sort of a judge. She could be reading this.

So watch it. hmm

harrigran Fri 16-May-14 22:35:10

Must agree with glass, I felt sick when I read tricia's post.

Penstemmon Fri 16-May-14 22:53:40

Tricia The issue with people like Hall/Saville/Clifford and now possibly Harris is that their public persona acts as a cover and they trade on that!
I accept that any positive skills and actions they have done may have appeared 'good' but once you know it has been a 'front' to enable the abuse to happen surely that negates it?

Aka Fri 16-May-14 23:02:03

Interesting outcome from the second Stuart Hall trial. He's been found not guilty of the rape charges.

Charleygirl Sat 17-May-14 09:02:23

Perhaps you should listen to what rosequartz has to say as she knows what she is talking about. Having read all of your comments, I am sure that you would not like the trial to be jeopardised. No Ana it is not a dictator state yet but there are laws regarding comments made when a trial is still running.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 17-May-14 09:07:20

Yes. I'm sure the judge in charge of this case is keeping a very close eye on Gransnet at this time.

As, no doubt, is HQ, so I will shut up.

Mishap Sat 17-May-14 09:30:45

Innocent till proven guilty - time will tell.

Anniebach Sat 17-May-14 09:31:51

Don't like his art, don't like his singing , no fan. Seems his poor wife is in the wrong because she smiles , he is putting on an act because he is being supported by his wife and daughter . His wife has very poor health , why can it not be they walk slowly because she has to walk at that pace, she does use a wheelchair , suppose if she turned up in that she would be accused of wanting sympathy .

What ever the verdict it's a pity the girls parents cannot be charged with historical child neglect

PRINTMISS Sat 17-May-14 16:56:32

I think, there, you have a point Anniebach all the 'details' are 'historical'. I am not saying they did or did not happen, merely pointing out that many of these incidents happened several years ago, when of course the young girls/women would be wary of accusing a high flying entertainer of such things, and I believe I have said this before somewhere, that sometimes these actions were 'accepted' (but not in my mind acceptable). Times have changed, thank goodness, and I we are now to judge people on today's values rather than those of the past.