Gransnet forums

AIBU

Shoes and sneaky cats.

(9 Posts)
Flowerofthewest Mon 19-May-14 15:14:30

Jingle grin

Not they weren't in tree. DH sneaked the tractor back under cover of darkness. Guess what? it reappeared on our door step the following morning.
Spooky. I left it by our caravan for passing lost tractor person to find. DH was outside today when a mum with toddler was passing and the little on climbed on the tractor. DH told the mum she could have it. IT WASN'T HIS TO GIVE AWAY!!!!! It is now gone but may return,
Who knows?

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 17-May-14 19:26:41

I was being tongue in cheek too Flower! grin

rosesarered Sat 17-May-14 17:58:45

Do you think the boys were up the tree when you stole rescued the shoes?Maybe they had been doing this for a while, but I have never heard of climbing trees shoeless before[but then I have never climbed a tree.]Cats always want to come with people on a walk don't they, ours used to do this.

Flowerofthewest Sat 17-May-14 17:36:12

Oh Jingle it was all tongue in cheek, I love upsetting little boys and stealing their shoes and my cats are my joy. Have to blame someone. Brian is going to sneak the tractor back from whence it came after dark and under cover. grin wink

Elegran Sat 17-May-14 09:31:25

They have clearly not heard of the traditional ploy of tying the laces together and draping the shoes across your neck. When crossing streams this means that you have the shoes to put on again when you reach the other side.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 17-May-14 09:11:32

And why are you blaming your cat?

#innocentcreatures

hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 17-May-14 09:10:42

Well you would be! (getting something of a reputation) Leave the kids' stuff alone. shock

wink

ginny Sat 17-May-14 08:20:18

All done with the best possible intentions . grin

Flowerofthewest Sat 17-May-14 00:37:57

....to expect little boys not to leave their shoes abandoned under a tree.

Two evenings ago my DH and I set off for our usual evening 'health' walk. We had not gone 200 yards when we looked round and saw our Egyptian Mau following us. DH chased her back home and continued to catch me up. Looked round again and there she was, happily trotting to join us. He again chased her home but couldn't catch her to put her indoors. Off he set again when low and behold the two of our cats were following him. He chased them, caught one and popped them indoors. I, meanwhile, carried on walking and under a tree on a nearby green was a pair of brand new Nike trainers size 5.5 - I thought that maybe someone had dropped them so I picked them up and took them home only to let the cat out who promptly follow me again up the road. She jumped under a car and hid. She knew the game by now. I walked past the tree and there sitting under the tree were a pair of black lace ups size 3. I took these and the cat home and continued on our walk.

I clothes pegged a notice on our hedge hoping that some shoeless child would see it and DH popped a notice in the local shop.

Off DH went on his walk last night and on the way back found 5 boys with no shoes on their fee. He asked if they had lost something "Yes two pair of shoes" replied a lovely polite little boy.(the owner of the size 5.5 Nike trainers) So they followed DH home (not unlike the Pied Piper) and took possession of their shoes. Thanking him profusely and saying that they always climb trees in socks.

About and hour later I was walking to my DD to babysit when a small boy (his feet were probably about size 3) rode past me with - wait for it - SOCKS AND NO SHOES ON - I exclaimed I DON'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!! he stopped patrolling the precinct (he was checking the area for Perps - I obviously wasn't one as he didn't make any sign that I was under arrest - I said "Don't tell me you have left your shoes under the tree again???" "umm, yes - we don't like climbing the tree with shoes on" He was about 500 yards from the tree.

My assumption now is that they had left their shoes while going for a bike ride around the area and some silly old biddy ran off with them. Goodness knows what the neighbours thought. No wonder one is sold and the other up for sale (the barking dog family).

Yesterday afternoon I 'rescued' a pedal tractor which had been parked in the road and was looking lonely. I am getting a bit of a reputation.confused