Gransnet forums

AIBU

I'm annoyed with ITV!

(12 Posts)
HollyDaze Sat 05-Jul-14 14:37:48

I am annoyed with TV for a totally different reason - where are the PROGRAMMES? We have wall to wall tennis which is interposed with football, then repeats, repeats, repeats. I am so glad we do not pay a licence.

Agreed. I am so glad I bought a Humax (I don't have SKY as I don't think it's value for money any more) and now have a lot of films and Miss Marples stored for when I want to watch tv.

HollyDaze Sat 05-Jul-14 14:36:03

You could watch it on ITVPlayer NanKate - not sure what their timelag would be, one hour?

PRINTMISS Sat 05-Jul-14 07:47:47

I am annoyed with TV for a totally different reason - where are the PROGRAMMES? We have wall to wall tennis which is interposed with football, then repeats, repeats, repeats. I am so glad we do not pay a licence.

rubylady Sat 05-Jul-14 01:17:09

Watched the semi-finals today but they weren't that exciting. Left the Federer match before the end but I assume he won so it's Djokovic and Federer on Sunday. I thought the young 19 year old Australian would have got through, he was remarkable the other day but played the day after and lost. Unfair really not to let him have some rest time inbetween matches. He might have won then but we have not seen the last of him. The football has been exciting though, looking forward to Costa Rica tomorrow.

My illness is all the time, I have multiple health problems causing tiredness after a few hours of being up. But I've learned how to deal with it. Thank you for your concern and hope you are well. X

NanKate Thu 03-Jul-14 06:10:17

Isn't that annoying ruby. Hope you are feeling better today.

I wonder who will be in the finals now that my favourite, Rafa Nadal, is out and Andy Murray ? It's good to see Federer still in the running. I think Novac D is on good form.

rubylady Thu 03-Jul-14 02:18:22

BBC did the same thing though today with the tennis. Because of illness, I had to have a sleep earlier and taped both channels for the tennis and when watching later, they put the match on the red button!

Eloethan Mon 09-Jun-14 11:08:49

Adverts are a nuisance - they also wreck the atmosphere when they break in at a vital point in a tense drama.

I hope that we'll always have the BBC so that we can watch programmes uninterrupted.

Lona Mon 09-Jun-14 10:45:12

I thought it was only on Sky so I missed it too!
But, I watched Beaches and had a good weep instead!

Mishap Mon 09-Jun-14 09:40:28

Well I was all set to watch it at 5.40 on ITV Four, and looked forward to it all day. Of course I had failed to spot that the bulk of it had been going on all afternoon on ITV main channel. I enjoyed that last set!!

Anniebach Mon 09-Jun-14 09:19:37

NanKate, I ache for you

Tegan Sun 08-Jun-14 23:28:15

Oh no; and it was such a nail biter as well. We were talking about tennis today and saying that it is such an honest sport; just two people against each other with no room for cheating/ people pretending to fall over etc etc. I find myself changing allegiance throughout matches and then, at the end wanting the loser to have won. I'm annoyed with Ch4 tonight cause I watched a programme about elephants which I enjoyed but then there was a really sad postscript to it which has left me feeling quite upset. I kind of wish they'd just left the programme as it was and not added the sad bit on sad.

NanKate Sun 08-Jun-14 23:08:09

Today we were looking after the GSs and so I set up on the telly for the Final of the Tennis at Roland Garros Paris. I avoided anyone who was likely to tell me the result (do you remember something similar in the Likely Lads?).

I watched 99% of it until the 4th set when it looked likely that my favourite Rafa Nadal would win, then Itv switched channels and I missed the very last game of the match. I don't have catch up for ITV on my tv.

My DH said that they were rigid in their timings on ITV because of the advertisers. Well bu** the advertisers, that's what I say!