Gransnet forums

AIBU

Wimbo! (trivial..a bit)

(14 Posts)
Aka Wed 09-Jul-14 13:54:47

That's unkind Merlot wink

Didn't they used to call the Beckams 'Thick & Thin'....and I though she was the 'thin' one?

gettingonabit Wed 09-Jul-14 12:57:55

Some fab tennis and a great fight. Personally I wanted Fed to win. Never mind.

Imo, the presence of a sleb adds nothing except triviality. Just sort of dumbs the tennis down by association.

Same with politics. Never understood why politicians feel the need to be seen with a sleb either. Do they think that the presence of a nearby sleb somehow adds to their own charisma? Hardly.

rosequartz Mon 07-Jul-14 23:06:57

And Boris (the other one, not the Mayor). The camera was on him most of the match. I know he is Djokovic's trainer, but doesn't Stefan Edberg coach Federer? We didn't see very much of him. And I wanted to slap some suncream, a hat and sunglasses on Boris.

The commentator who kept asking if the crowd were aware of the exceptional level of tennis they were watching - duh, no, thought it was junior level ........

And whilst I liked seeing Roger's lovely little twins, and congratulations on the two new arrivals by the way, I didn't need to be told about 7 or 8 or more times that he has two sets of twins. Once, perhaps twice for those who missed it the first time.

Other than that, thoroughly enjoyed it. grin

vicky1 Mon 07-Jul-14 22:56:34

The camera also seems to show an inexplicable interest in attractive women in the crowd!

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 06-Jul-14 18:09:44

Spect she only goes to be seen.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 06-Jul-14 18:08:42

meanie Merlot!

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 06-Jul-14 18:08:00

shock

merlotgran Sun 06-Jul-14 17:53:58

VB looks bored stiff. I wonder if anyone has explained to her why the ball has to go backwards and forwards over the net?

NfkDumpling Sun 06-Jul-14 17:49:37

Don't watch either - or football - or cycling. At the moment I'm getting a lot of gardening done and the freezer stocked with cakes!

(Agree about focusing on celebs - hate it on the comedy shows as I really really resent the probability that they haven't paid)

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 06-Jul-14 17:44:34

Tennis is a bit boring though.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 06-Jul-14 17:44:08

I love to see the celebs.

janerowena Sun 06-Jul-14 16:40:42

Came on just to find out what a wimbo is...

shysal Sun 06-Jul-14 16:26:28

I don't mind the odd view of celebs between games. I thought Victoria Beckham looked painfully thin.

gettingonabit Sun 06-Jul-14 14:55:16

Aibu to think that, if I turn on the tennis, that I do NOT have to put up with a procession of "slebs". Who cares if the Beckhams are there? Cliff? The Middletons? John Hurt (who?)?

And I bet they haven't paid either!

If I wanted to see a load of pointless slebs I'd buy Hello mag.

Come on BBC! Shape up!

By the way, where's Pat Cash?