Gransnet forums

AIBU

First class? I don't think so!!!

(5 Posts)
Atqui Sat 19-Jul-14 18:46:35

I shall not make the same mistake again. I finally got a coffee at 12.30. I went searching, but was told to go back to my seat! Thermos flask next time.

GrannyTwice Sat 19-Jul-14 15:44:54

The upgrade at a w/e does not give you the same extras as 1st class in the week.

janeainsworth Sat 19-Jul-14 15:39:19

Cross Country are rubbish, Atqui.
I sometimes travel from DDs in Stafford to Newcastle, and there is a choice of routes and operators. I avoid Cross Country whenever possible.
East Coast Mainline, though is something else. There's a real difference between first and standard class, worth the extra.

Tegan Sat 19-Jul-14 11:50:19

Look on the bright side; you've got your own private loo and baggage rack [and the coffee they serve from train trolleys is vile shock]. What's not to like grin?

Atqui Sat 19-Jul-14 11:45:46

Let me say firstly that I would prefer trains to be just one 'class' , but when offered choice of first class seat with complementary drinks , for ten pounds extra on a long journey alone, I took it! Hmmmm I have been on this train for 2 and a half hours. I didn't bring a flask as on cross country they say have a trolley service . However there is still no drinks trolley.
The door between the carriages won't close ,and my seat is backward facing , so,I'm staring into the corridor with the loo as well, now surrounded by cases in the wheelchair bit. Rant over