Gransnet forums

AIBU

...to ignore Amazon request for feedback on packaging?

(11 Posts)
rubysong Thu 20-Nov-14 10:39:55

Life is too short to send packaging feedback. I would have soon told them if there was a problem. I don't mind doing feedback on eBay as that is a reciprocal thing and maintains trust but I don't do it for other internet purchases. I don't do it for 'real' shops apart from once in a while when they offer a prize draw.

janerowena Thu 20-Nov-14 10:46:25

I don't do it purely because it is yet another way by which I can be googled. If I had an issue with packaging I would contact the company, or Amazon. I think Amazon must have a fairly strict packaging with its business seller partners, and this is their way of keeping them on their toes. eBay sellers for example often send what looks like a pile of wrinkly parcel tape, to me. Amazon parcels always look smart.

Ana Thu 20-Nov-14 10:51:48

I have left packaging feedback a couple of times - one when an item I'd ordered came in a box which would have held at least ten of them!

What I object to about Amazon's feedback requests generally is that I'd be happy to give five stars or whatever, but they insist you leave a comment as well. I got tired of typing 'product as described, good value' and now I just don't bother.

Galen Thu 20-Nov-14 11:12:52

I'm the same

HildaW Thu 20-Nov-14 11:24:55

Nope....don't do it either.

annsixty Thu 20-Nov-14 11:34:33

I had a new Rexall shredder delivered just yesterday.It fits on a worktop.The box it came in could hardly go through the front door.I shall certainly be giving feedback on that when the e-mail pops in my inbox.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 20-Nov-14 16:58:35

I do like that packing stuff that sounds like a gun going off when you stand on it. Wouldn't leave good feedback though. Must be very environmentally unfriendly.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 20-Nov-14 16:59:34

I might leave good feedback if they packed the thing out with old newspapers.

whitewave Thu 20-Nov-14 17:45:48

I seem to be too busy to fiddle around with that, so ignore and zap it.

rubysong Thu 20-Nov-14 18:12:44

Thanks for the comments, ladies. I don't feel bad now ignoring them. I love a bit of bubble wrap Jings. Very calming.

absent Thu 20-Nov-14 18:27:49

Dancing on a sheet of bubble wrap is a joyous activity with small children.