Gransnet forums

AIBU

To think this was a strange way of conducting market research?

(7 Posts)
etheltbags1 Fri 28-Nov-14 19:23:46

This person should have showed you an ID card first and then said a little bit about what she wanted, perhaps it was a survey about how many people are switching to ALDI from other shops, it may also have been from a rival store (this often happens).

If she had an ID, it should say she is working for a MRS approved company and have the phone number on it so you can check.

It does sound dodgy as she was asking for your receipt.
Ive been in the business for 20 odd years and some surveys can be hard to understand but if in doubt then walk away.

merlotgran Fri 28-Nov-14 19:15:47

She was standing right outside the main door, Nonu so I guess they must have known she was there. I didn't notice any ID but I did notice that nobody was passing over any till receipts.

hmm

ninathenana Fri 28-Nov-14 18:38:14

My thoughts too Nonu

Nonu Fri 28-Nov-14 17:53:48

Merlot that seems slighty odd to me !

Just saying, did ALDI know and had she got ID on her ?

Perhaps I have a suspicious mind . Hey-ho

janeainsworth Fri 28-Nov-14 17:50:48

Your DH is a hoot merlot, isn't he?grin

Ana Fri 28-Nov-14 17:36:33

grin

But that's just not on at all - especially demanding your till receipt! shock Mind your own business, Missus!

merlotgran Fri 28-Nov-14 17:34:17

Coming out of Aldi this morning I was stopped by a smartly dressed woman with a clipboard. She asked if I would like to take part in a National Survey looking into what people are spending their money on in supermarkets. I declined because we were in a hurry to get to the car to the garage for a minor repair but she said she didn't need to take up my valuable time as all I had to do was give her my till receipt.

When I politely refused she wanted to know how much I had spent. angry

As we were driving away DH said, 'Be honest, you just didn't want her to see the booze to food ratio.' grin