Gransnet forums

AIBU

How have we done today?

(11 Posts)
durhamjen Thu 11-Dec-14 21:43:38

I actually had an NOP man on my doorstep last night for the first time in my life. Had to answer his questions, as I am always complaining that nobody asks me.

Nonu Thu 11-Dec-14 17:33:42

It is of course an excellent way to get your E.Mail address, so they can send you loads of bumph. I would never do a Market Research in the street unless I am going to be given something possibly worthwhile in return.
I like it when the Wait Staff ask you if you are enjoying your meal, it gives you a chance to complain if things aren"t Just so
tchsmile

nightowl Thu 11-Dec-14 17:28:44

My daughter used to work in a pub/ restaurant and told me they had to ask diners mid-meal 'is everything all right with your meal' so people couldn't complain about the food afterwards. I have never felt inclined to answer that particular question since then (but I do 'cos I was brought up proper and taught to be polite wink)

Eloethan Thu 11-Dec-14 17:10:08

If I have received good service in a restaurant, I like to fill in the feedback form to praise the waiter/waitress who served me. If the service is mediocre, I don't bother.

HildaW Thu 11-Dec-14 17:06:21

Annoys me too....especially when any 'normal' transaction is usually handled with little real enthusiasm. Yesterday, in boots, the girl who served me was monosyllabic and barely smiled yet they still ask for feedback on the receipt I was handed. More sense the staff are just trained to 'give a damn' and then these endless questionnaires would not be needed.

goldengirl Thu 11-Dec-14 16:48:01

In my company we HAVE to ask customers for feedback as it's part of the quality standards with which we have to comply. Needless to say very few respond. Repeat custom is more important in my book

Wheniwasyourage Thu 11-Dec-14 16:46:34

Yes, I've had emails from M&S and I've never shopped online from them, so I don't know why. I just ignore them now, although I reported the first one to M&S as I thought it must have been a scam.

The other day I got a phone call from someone who gave me the wrong title (being a Dame is so difficult grin) and pronounced my name as if it was a common variation of my name. She said she was from "the bank" and wanted to do a survey. I told her that as she didn't have my name correctly, I didn't believe that she was from the bank so I didn't want to do her survey. It occurred to me later that she didn't say which bank, so I'm pretty sure it was dodgy.

I also hate it when waiters come up to you when you're either in the middle of a conversation or enjoying a delicious mouthful and say "Is everything all right for you?" and you know that they have been told to do it and they probably aren't interested anyway. In places where they take food seriously, they have confidence in their food, and know that the customers would soon tell them if something didn't come up to standard.

crun Thu 11-Dec-14 16:34:20

I remember being collared by a market researcher on the street once, and asked to do a taste test for some new energy bars. After each mouthful I was asked to mark out of five for tastiness, crunchiness, nuttiness,......

........fruitiness, sweetness, saltiness....

They must have picked out every adjective in the OED, by the time I'd done that half a dozen times I was losing the will to live.

Pittcity Thu 11-Dec-14 16:29:45

We went for a pub lunch today and they were offering a voucher for a free pudding if we filled in their survey. It also had the staff members name on the form so I expect that they might get some reward too!

As it was a town that we do not plan to visit again anytime soon the form went straight in the bin tchwink

thatbags Thu 11-Dec-14 16:26:10

Walk away saying no thanks.

NanKate Thu 11-Dec-14 16:18:49

If any other shop asks me to fill in an online survey of how they served me today I will scream.

Boots ask me at least once a week to do this and M and S is on my case too.

I do think it is important to give feedback but not every bl**dy week.

How do you feel about this ?