Gransnet forums

AIBU

Laundry

(9 Posts)
NfkDumpling Thu 22-Jan-15 07:33:29

It depends on their attitude when they realised there wasn't enough money. Taken for granted or really sorry? If the former I'd ask for the money up front in future. If the later I'd give them a second chance.

vampirequeen Thu 22-Jan-15 07:15:52

I think you're right to be annoyed. You were doing them a favour. They knew you were coming and should have had the money ready. If you decide to help them again tell them you have to have the money upfront.

granjura Wed 21-Jan-15 17:20:30

I think it would be different if you had picked up the washing for an individual. As it is a charity, possibly wo/manned by other volunteers, I'd say that, if you can- be patient this time, but ask to speak to person in charge and explain you just can't afford to wait from week to week.

Anya Wed 21-Jan-15 16:23:30

Yes, agree with aggie - give it another chance. But if there's any repeat of this find another charity to support that's got its act together.

aggie Wed 21-Jan-15 15:59:21

Ask for the money up front next week , and get this weeks at the same time

Mishap Wed 21-Jan-15 14:15:48

Bit irritating - can you manage till next week without the £15? If you can I should just accept it gracefully as a genuine mistake.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 21-Jan-15 13:57:37

Pick the washing up. You will get your reward in heaven. (And, hopefully, your cash next week)

soontobe Wed 21-Jan-15 13:41:03

Could it be a genuine mistake?

petra Wed 21-Jan-15 13:32:51

I volunteered to take washing from our local homeless shelter to the launderette.
I did this this morning, and it was snowing! I payed £15 and was told to get a receipt. When I got back to the shelter, there was no petty cash and the person who deals with this will be in next week!
It's not the £15 that's annoying me, it's the attitude. They were desperate for this washing to be done but can't be arsed to think 'oh the bags of washing have gone, better leave the money out'
Well seeing as they can forget to leave MY money out, I'll forget to pick up the washing!