Gransnet forums

AIBU

I have a purse full of vouchers!

(10 Posts)
Teetime Wed 28-Jan-15 09:40:45

I cull my purse every few days but now don't accept vouchers in Smiths (wouldn't buy printer cartridges there anyway) and check through Sainsbury ones in store- last week they gave me one to say my shopping was 3pence cheaper than it would have been in Asda - pointless Asda is 15 miles away! the other thing is loyalty cards for coffee shops etc I have 5 different ones and one for my hairdressers which is probably the only one worth having - one free hairdo in every 9 so at £50+ a go its worth having.

Ariadne Wed 28-Jan-15 09:36:17

Think you might be on the wrong thread, bootie41!!

bootie41 Wed 28-Jan-15 08:49:53

Good morning all
what has happened to my message, I was saying the weather is windy here in Shropshire but not raining , as I speak it has just started, oh well will definitely have to clean those cupboards out now, grrrrr,

kittylester Wed 28-Jan-15 07:24:06

I don't accept vouchers in Boots or WH Smith as I rarely go in the shops! I check and discard any vouchers that I don't want while I'm still in Sainsbury's and Tesco. I fold them up and keep them in the same slot in my purse as the relevant card so I see them next time I use the card.

What bugs me, and I realise it's my own fault for trying to get a bargain, is all the flipping loyalty cards I have. Worse, I can never find the relevant one when I need it! angry

numberplease Wed 28-Jan-15 01:39:26

W.H.Smith are always giving 20% off vouchers, but they can`t be used for books or newspapers, and that`s all I go in there for.

Mishap Tue 27-Jan-15 22:29:19

I always copy and paste the email voucher codes that arrive from Tesco and paste them into a document on my desktop, and every time I shop online for my groceries I paste the code in and get loads 'a dosh off the bill!
How obsessional is that!

Ana Tue 27-Jan-15 22:06:09

Tesco's are the only ones I keep and use - if they're for more than a few pence. Sometimes I get one for around £5 and I've no idea what I've bought that would have been more expensive elsewhere...

(I'm not talking about the Clubcard vouchers you get through the post)

Coolgran65 Tue 27-Jan-15 21:55:39

should be crap

Coolgran65 Tue 27-Jan-15 21:54:50

I don't take the vouchers either.
In M & S.... ""you've been chosed to take part in an on-line survey and could win £250."" Tried it once and gave up half way, having lost the will to live.

I empty/tidy my purse every few days to get rid of the crap unwanted stuff.

NanKate Tue 27-Jan-15 21:50:28

I am fed up with all the vouchers and bits of paper I am given every time I get a receipt for shopping.

Sainsbury's are the worst with vouchers if I spend a certain amount, a bit off items I don't want, a note that I have saved 10p on my shopping with them and perhaps one that says I will get a 20p refund when I shop with them next.

Boots and M and S give me vouchers all to be used by certain dates on specific items. Some double your points, but it may only be pence that I am better off.

I could as DH does, check before I go shopping which I am going to use, but what a lot of faff just to get a small refund or say 500 points which sounds good but in reality may only be 50p.

I have now stopped accepting vouchers from Boots on their No 7 make up as I have a fistful of them.hmm