Gransnet forums

AIBU

broadand

(18 Posts)
PRINTMISS Sat 31-Jan-15 09:26:41

My bill includes line rental. That is my total bill for the month. Admittedly I am not a great phoner, I find e-mail and Skype (free) suitable for me.

Mishap Fri 30-Jan-15 18:23:28

Phone Coop is cheaper than all of them!

Elegran Fri 30-Jan-15 17:17:09

DS alternates between BT and Plusnet to get the best deals. He says starting with BT then moving to Plusnet after a year is best, because BT install the equipment free then Plusnet use it.

nlivingstone Fri 30-Jan-15 17:05:09

Hi Thank you so much Have just been on the phone with Plus-Net and they offered me a deal that includes the deal i had before for half the price
From £45 to £20 .99.
That is for 12 month on the long run i will still be better off by £10 a month
A huge Thank you for those that have answered my call for advice.
Grans-net the best thing ever

nlivingstone Fri 30-Jan-15 15:50:15

Hi I am curious what is you view?

nlivingstone Fri 30-Jan-15 15:45:24

Hi thank you for your reply this also includes call

Anya Fri 30-Jan-15 15:25:42

Jane I'm a terrible tart when I make these calls. I play the 'I'm an old lady on pension and I don't understand all this modern technology' card. The nice young man at BT that I spoke to earlier, has a grandmother my age and was very helpful. If I get an unsympathetic one I hang up and try again.

It's energy providers next week wink

Mishap Fri 30-Jan-15 15:16:03

We are with Phone Coop and currently pay £24.96 for everything: line rental, broadband and all landline phone calls plus VAT. We have to pay for calls to mobiles. Our total bill this month came to £36.41. I am not aware of their being any addition for online use - it certainly does not appear on the bill.

They also have the virtue of being a fairly small company and it is easy to get through and speak to someone (who speaks English). They have always been very helpful.

Jane10 Fri 30-Jan-15 15:14:51

Well done Anya I`m always too scared to get things complicated or mixed up. I`m with BT for line rental, calls to landlines after 7 and at weekends, Broadband and , the love of my life, Youview !!( I know. I`m very sad), Youview seems such a bargain for only an extra £5 pcm.

Ana Fri 30-Jan-15 15:14:29

What about line rental?

PRINTMISS Fri 30-Jan-15 15:12:18

I am with EE, have been for ages (when it was Orange). I have unlimited calls to land-lines and of course broadband. I do not phone mobiles at all, and have no one overseas to contact on a regular basis. My bill is usually around £30 - £35. per month for this.

Ana Fri 30-Jan-15 15:04:38

Is your line rental included in the £40 a month you pay, nlivingstone?

Anya Fri 30-Jan-15 15:00:38

PS of course with line rental included

Anya Fri 30-Jan-15 14:59:38

PlusNet is owned by BT.

I've just phoned my provider, BT, an hour ago and said I'm out of contract what can you offer me to stop me going elsewhere? I currently pay £48 for BT Infinity with 40GB a month and a download speed of 30+. That includes anytime call (free calls 24/7 to most landlines) caller display, 1571, BT Entertsinment, BT Sport, and some other bits and pieces.

They have offered me the same package for £39.99 which will save me almost £100 a year.

Humbertbear Fri 30-Jan-15 14:50:03

With most of these companies if you tell them you want to cancel they conjure a deal out of the air (TalkTalk did)So talk to plus.net and see what they say.

bikergran Fri 30-Jan-15 14:47:34

I am with "plusnet" and pay £22 a month for 10GB internet a month, and free weekend calls (that is linerental included) It was only £20 but think line rental has just gone up.

petra Fri 30-Jan-15 14:46:43

Is that just for broadband?

nlivingstone Fri 30-Jan-15 14:37:10

I have been told i pay Far too much for my broadband with plus net. i am a small user. and i pay over £40 a month.
i have been advised to switch over to EE are there hidden costs with EE and are they so genuinely as they say
Thank you in anticipation for your replys.
Agnes