Gransnet forums

AIBU

what have I missed?

(7 Posts)
Dotsmam Mon 20-Jul-15 08:30:55

Hi folks. Not been on for ages. What have I missed? Been busy with the end of term and trying to organise moving home to the farmhouse (not sure that organise is the right word!)

Teetime Mon 20-Jul-15 09:43:22

dotsmam and lot and then not a lot if you see what I mean. There are various debates going on about the NHS, Labour leadership and the Queen and some people have had family issues and have been poorly. Personally I am as dull as ever, off to play golf now but have also joined the gym to get some different exercise especially on wet days. I hope you are going to have a good day. smile

rosesarered Mon 20-Jul-15 09:46:47

Just the usual push/pull of Gransnet Dotsmam, nothing to ring alarm bells.grin

Nonnie Mon 20-Jul-15 10:21:09

Dotsmam I come and go all the time and don't feel I've missed anything too important. Even when I come on I just look at the headings and decide if each one is worth reading for me. Then I look at some and they are already several pages long and I don't feel I want to contribute unless I read all the pages so I don't bother.

For some it is important to read all and contribute a lot and for others it is not so vital. Gn is a forum you can use in whatever way suits you.

annodomini Mon 20-Jul-15 11:09:38

I tend to look at the last hour's posts and if it looks as if an interesting discussion is in progress, I sometimes join in. But it doesn't break my heart if I appear to have missed something fascinating. Take it or leave it.

Dotsmam Mon 20-Jul-15 17:56:20

I am trying to stay away from politics just now as it can't be good for my stress level! People get so worked up about inconsequential stuff as well sometimes so I just don't go on for a while until it is all over with!

Anne58 Mon 20-Jul-15 19:33:02

Perhaps best not to post under "am I being unreasonable" then grin