Gransnet forums

AIBU

X Factor , the age question

(15 Posts)
Nelliemoser Thu 24-Sep-15 09:14:35

That is totally wrong. I am sure the producers know their ages.

IMO it is very wrong to tell the audience. Once you see someone on such a program you hazard a guess as to their age. You do not need to encourage ageism.

It is irrelevant, not that I ever watch the X factor.

TerriBull Wed 23-Sep-15 13:05:54

gordino - what a boring comment!

gordino Tue 22-Sep-15 22:33:13

the x factor makes u feel young don't u think.

Eloethan Tue 22-Sep-15 13:32:40

I quite enjoy it but I do agree there is a lot of hype.

GrandmaH Tue 22-Sep-15 13:09:27

There is a category for over 25s only. Also Girls, Boys & Groups
I actually love the programme & I think the standard this year is very high.
Of course it is a lot of hype but there are some very talented people there too. It is much better now they show very few of the deluded contestants who just can't sing! We watch on delay to zap past them
One of the few things that DH & I both enjoy- we like Britain's Got Talent too.
I know it is 'not the done thing' to admit to watching this sort of thing but although I don't watch many reality programmes ( I love Bake Off & Strictly too I'm afraid) but it is entertaining & harmless if you take it all with a pinch of salt.

rubylady Mon 14-Sep-15 00:58:09

Maybe it's to do with which catagory they would go into if they get through? The judges do take notes so maybe mark off who would be in which group and which judge ends up with which group? Just a thought. I record it and then move onto the singing, although not always agreeing with the judges.
It's very telling this year that the younger new ones look at Simon to see his reaction before they react. But it has made the show younger, fresher although I can't stand Caroline Flack.

Anne58 Sun 13-Sep-15 14:21:56

I won't be watching it again, but completely failed to see the relevance of asking contestants their age!

hildajenniJ Sun 13-Sep-15 14:16:35

DH watches it on catch up while I am in the kitchen preparing Sunday lunch. I can't stand it! I wish it hadn't turned into a yearly event. Once a decade would do me fine.

harrigran Sun 13-Sep-15 12:22:38

Decided that there is no room in my life for idiot television talent shows.

kittylester Sat 12-Sep-15 22:20:59

Or very confused!! grin

vampirequeen Sat 12-Sep-15 22:07:14

I think they split them into groups...one led and supported by each judge. Under 25s, over 25s, groups and something else ...i can't remember sorry.

Anne58 Sat 12-Sep-15 22:06:05

Wh??t on earth is going on with posts??

I seem to be either sp??nish or russi??n??

kittylester Sat 12-Sep-15 21:58:57

We don't watch it usually but did tonight as DD2 is staying. I was surprised too! It has no bearing does it?

janeainsworth Sat 12-Sep-15 21:56:56

You know the answer Phoenix.....wink
The remote control smile

Anne58 Sat 12-Sep-15 21:53:11

??ot ?? programme I h??ve watched before, but for some reason found myself watching it tonight.

What on earth is this thing of asking ??whats your name a??d how old are you? "

One contestant who admitted to being 30 got a round of applause before she had even sung a note!