Gransnet forums

AIBU

Words I would prefer not to hear.

(5 Posts)
NanKate Mon 12-Oct-15 21:47:58

DH and I were in M and S at the weekend and he put in the basket a mushroom pasta meal turned to me and said.

'If you die first I will live off these meals they're delicious. shock

Second ill chosen words.

I took my 73 year old sister to A and E after she had endured 7 hours being sick the night before. As the nurse was taking a blood sample my sister said.

'Can I lie down I feel so ill!

The nurse replied 'No there isn't anywhere to lie down in the hospital'

Five and a half hours later they eventually let her lie down and gave her a drip. What a bloody miserable experience that whole day was. sad

rosesarered Mon 12-Oct-15 21:59:04

sad to your sister's experience ( unbelievable really, except I do believe it) and grin to your DH's words.

Eloethan Mon 12-Oct-15 23:44:33

Your poor sister - what a horrible experience. And for you too. I hope she's feeling better now.

Sugarpufffairy Tue 13-Oct-15 01:39:07

Unfortunately I totally believe what happened in that hospital to NanKate's sister. I hope Dsis is much improved now,
SPF

NanKate Tue 13-Oct-15 06:40:28

Yes thanks ALL my sis is much better and back at her home in Italy. Unfortunately her parting gift to me was a quick sharp dose of her gastroenteritis. Fortunately I have recovered relatively quickly and am determined to keep myself as fit as I can in order to avoid the dreaded A and E again.

Finally I did receive good advice from 111 who I had to phone three times.