Gransnet forums

AIBU

Christmas Jumper

(88 Posts)
Elrel Sat 12-Dec-15 19:48:49

The young woman in Boots wearing a red jumper with: 'Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animal' in large letters was also wearing a small badge saying she was the Shop Manager ...

annodomini Wed 06-Jan-16 19:23:44

Colder weather is forecast for next week so you may have to get all you warm jumpers out again then roses.

Howjado Wed 06-Jan-16 18:57:23

My little grand daughter was given a Christmas jumper; on Christmas Day. It will not fit her next year. What were they thinking?

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 05-Jan-16 22:19:09

Just noticed that my post of 13:34:00 is 'Quote of the week' on the Homepage. It's a shame I haven't actually got a penguins jumper! grin

rosesarered Tue 05-Jan-16 19:26:16

We may have to wait a while for snow, this mild Winter, so put all cosy knitwear away until August, when we will very likely have the coldest Summer on record.?

Ana Tue 05-Jan-16 16:46:35

Well, if it snows it'll be very appropriate! grin

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 05-Jan-16 16:28:13

Look, I'm getting on a bit.... hmm]

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 05-Jan-16 16:27:18

Oh! I ironed it inside out, and haven't worn it since Xmas Eve. Yes. You are definitely right!

It's DD who's got a penguin one. hmm

(Still gonna wear it some more though) grin

Ana Tue 05-Jan-16 16:08:11

I thought yours had snowmen on it, jingl...confused

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 05-Jan-16 13:34:00

Just ironed my Xmas jumper. Will carry on wearing it into the Spring. Penguins are for Winter not just for Xmas. smile

Elrel Tue 05-Jan-16 00:44:51

Came back from 2 weeks away to find answerphone message. Not from Boots, who have only sent a 'your communication has been received' automatic reply. From 'Claire at Boots'!!! They must have passed her my landline number, really??!! Collapse of stout party ...

rosequartz Tue 15-Dec-15 20:52:10

ps it would be just the thing for a 'formal night' tchgrin

You look very glamorous in the dresses in the photos!

rosequartz Tue 15-Dec-15 20:50:34

I had an outfit like that too Galen, when I was about 8 or 9.
It also had a beautifully embroidered headband with straw plaits attached, the tops of which scratched my ears so I refused to wear the headband.

I called it my 'Heidi' outfit.
I wish I'd kept it, but I expect DM gave it away to someone.

numberplease Tue 15-Dec-15 20:44:45

And you`d look lovely in it Galen!
Marmight, love the hat!
Daughter numer 2 bought hubby a red Christmas jumper for his present last year, he wore it on Christmas Day, then it was put away, it`ll be out again next week, just for one day, he won`t like wearing it he`s your typical Bah Humbug fella.

Galen Tue 15-Dec-15 19:55:32

I remember having a lovely Tyrolese outfit as a 14 year old. Dirndl skirt, embroidered blouse and laced bodice.
Pity I'm too old for one now as I'd really love one!

jimorourke Tue 15-Dec-15 19:26:51

No you aren't a dinosaur people serving the public as I did for many years must remember they are servants. Not servile but show they are there to serve. I find the folk behind the counter in my Boots store are all very pleasant and helpful. They don't draw unecessary attention to themselves by wearing anything with vulgar signs or wording on it. On the other hand some shops pay such dismal wages and dont encourage their staff and it shows.

rosequartz Tue 15-Dec-15 19:26:19

Here's an old reindeer joke to cheer you up whilst worrying which sweater to
wear tchgrin

Subject: Reindeer Facts
According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year (the only members of the deer family, Cervidae, to have females do so), male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid December. Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring.
Therefore, according to every historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, every single one of them, from Rudolf to Blitzen ... had to be a female.
We should've known this when they were able to find their way

Phoebes Tue 15-Dec-15 19:16:00

I have a blue and white Christmas jumper with white elephants on it. Makes a nice change from reindeer! I bought it in M&S boys'department a few years ago! A good place to get cheaper jumpers as they come up quite large!

baNANAGran3 Tue 15-Dec-15 15:10:57

Eleothan - the santas you mentioned at Liverpool Street are on a video on the Timeout website (www.timeout.com) - amazing what social media can put together. Anyone looking at the site be warned - you'll be there for ages!

Stansgran Tue 15-Dec-15 13:59:35

I'm Oh so very dull . I've a red and green tartan long kilt and it come out each Christmas with either a red or green merino sweater and a very useful holly berry apron. I have tea towels with Christmassy themes as well.

kittylester Tue 15-Dec-15 13:46:03

I've been very daring and bought the Christmas pudding cushion fredabee. It was £6 in Sainsbury's sale and it looks great on the kitchen window seat. grin

rosequartz Mon 14-Dec-15 22:01:39

You could use it as nose ring? Or belly button ring?
Or two in one ear and one in the other (I have seen DD do that!)

annodomini Mon 14-Dec-15 22:00:21

NTO, I have three earrings and only two ears. The remaining pair aren't very comfortable, so I have spent some time on Ebay this evening when I should have been wrapping presents. There is a great selection of cheap, glitzy and totally tasteless ones, so I've ordered a pair! tchgrin

rosequartz Mon 14-Dec-15 21:13:17

They are what DH calls the infantilisation programme for adults, like onesies

Just checking that the princess dresses that DD ordered for her nieces are the right size - and find that they do them for adults too!
And Heidi dresses, Dorothy dresses etc etc
tchshock

Ana Mon 14-Dec-15 21:03:37

That phrase 'just a bit of fun' seems to be given as an excuse for all manner of offensive/objectionable/anti-social activities and practices these days...

shysal Mon 14-Dec-15 21:01:31

Rosequartz, yes, appliqued with iron on stuff (I forget its name). I don't know whether that or the felt is washable though! I did make a job lot of present sacks for a school sale one year, using cheap red pillow cases with this and other designs. They sold within minutes!