Gransnet forums

AIBU

Logging in

(8 Posts)
Elrel Mon 15-Aug-16 09:24:23

I am prepared to be told that it's just me but am wasting so much time logging in. I'm sure that there are good reasons for having to do so. However with my over sensitive iPad and 'fat little fingers' I am constantly losing gransnet and having to log in again. Is anyone else having to log in again each time a misplaced finger loses gransnet or am I the only one?

OK it's entirely my responsibility to keep track of passwords (in ONE notebook, not on the nearest piece of paper!) but I'm also having to think of a new ingenious combination of letters and symbols most mornings.

It means I flit on and off here less, which may be a good thing for everyone!

sunseeker Mon 15-Aug-16 09:33:04

When logging in click the "remember me" box. You shouldn't have to log in each time then.

tanith Mon 15-Aug-16 09:37:57

As sun seeker says. I only ever have to log in if using a different computer/iPad.

ninathenana Mon 15-Aug-16 13:22:30

My phone is permanently logged in to GN the active page is pinned to start. One touch and I'm here.
Not secure I know but anyone can see GN anyway. Just a note......
If ninathenana suddenly turns into a troll it means I've lost my phone grin

Lyndylou Mon 15-Aug-16 14:20:47

Not sure if this is relevant for you, but I had a similar problem with my BT email account earlier this year. I forgot my password and had to change it and I was having the new pass word rejected every day and having to change it again. Finally worked out that my tablet still held the old password and that was causing the rejections. Now I consider myself fairly computer literate, but I could not work out how to change it on the tablet. I ended up disallowing access on my tablet to the email search and only now go into the emails on my PC.

And technology is supposed to make life easier for us!!

Iam64 Mon 15-Aug-16 19:14:37

If I go onto gransnet from my iPad, I always have to log in, despite having ticked the keep me logged in box. If I'm using the lap top, no need to log in. Is there anything to be done.

Lona Mon 15-Aug-16 19:30:38

When you've logged in just bookmark it and you're always logged in. My list of bookmarked stuff is getting longer and longer.

Iam64 Mon 15-Aug-16 19:57:58

I'd lorna, I'll try that