Gransnet forums

AIBU

IN MY BED!!!

(16 Posts)
cazzajen Fri 02-Sep-16 09:50:58

So there I was last night, minding my own business, reading in bed when I felt a tickle on my back. I shot out of bed to see a spider-IN MY BED!!!
Luckily my knight in shining armour (hubby) saved the day again! I did make him search the entire bedroom before I could get back into bed though!
Needless to say ALL the windows in the flat are now shut firmly until the conkers start to fall! smile

merlotgran Fri 02-Sep-16 10:01:45

There was a rather large one hovering over my side of the bed last night so I put a towel underneath and dislodged it with the feather duster.

Quite used to them here.

etheltbags1 Fri 02-Sep-16 10:14:56

Found a dead one in my bed,I chucked it in the bin and went to sleep,harmless things unless they are maybe very big then I would trap it in a glass and Chuck it out of the window, you get used to this living alone

kittylester Fri 02-Sep-16 10:17:05

Horrid, cazzajen shock

I woke up one morning and found a bat hanging on a beam. The door and windows were closed so it must have been there ALL NIGHT!

annodomini Fri 02-Sep-16 10:32:42

kitty, maybe the bat was there to catch all the spiders...

Cherrytree59 Fri 02-Sep-16 10:55:22

Kitty A BAT!!
Spiders I can deal with.
But bats flying your bedroom
I would by now be in straight jacket in a white room. (*With no bats*)
I once screamed at my DH receptionist to send him home immediately as 2 starlings had got in and I was holed up in the bathroom!I

What now kitty do just point them towards your belfry attic? confused

JackyB Fri 02-Sep-16 11:33:54

I've never got what it is about spiders that scares people. It's not as if the indigenous ones are poisonous.

I find them quite fascinating. Ditto mice, snakes, bats, birds, although I would draw the line at picking up an earthworm with my bare hands these days. To think that we played with them when we were kids!

SueDonim Fri 02-Sep-16 11:36:39

My worst nightmare!!! shock shock

We stayed at a services hotel on the M6 last year and a bat came into our room! When I went to get the manager, there were two more in the corridor. The manager said it was the first time he'd been called out to perform bat-removal duties. grin

I'm not super-scared of bats, I just didn't want a flappy thing near me.

TriciaF Fri 02-Sep-16 11:46:07

I don't mind spiders, and even bats are preferable to mosquitoes shockI really HATE those.
Kitty - maybe you've got a bat nursery in your bedroom? I think there's one in our barn, which is next to our bedroom, but I don't think they can get through (I hope not.)

kittylester Fri 02-Sep-16 12:53:52

There are bats in the roof of the house next door.

hildajenniJ Fri 02-Sep-16 16:10:24

There are bats in my roof every summer. They use it as a maternity roost. Over the years I have learned to keep the upstairs windows closed at dusk and daybreak. We've had bats in the shower, hanging on the hall curtains and flying around in DS's bedroom when he lived at home. I believe they are inexperienced youngsters who have taken a wrong turn. I'm not squeamish, and can deal with any sort of wildlife in the house.

Anzza Fri 02-Sep-16 16:24:18

I read somewhere to spray all your windows and door frames with WD40. They won't pass over It. So I imagine you just have to deal with the little blighters already hiding inside and then you're spider free.

numberplease Fri 02-Sep-16 16:54:37

Bats, mice, snakes, frogs, toads, even caterpillars, I love, but spiders, insects and creepy crawlies give me the galloping heebie jeebies. And wasps and Daddy long legs cause absolute terror!

rosesarered Fri 02-Sep-16 17:38:03

Bats in the belfry? grin

rosesarered Fri 02-Sep-16 17:38:21

I hate spiders.

MamaCaz Fri 02-Sep-16 17:50:37

Spiders in the bed? I would far sooner have that than the dead (squashed) cockroaches that I used to wake up to when living in a rented apartment in Spain!!!