Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to feel impatient

(52 Posts)
BlueBelle Tue 03-Jan-17 15:17:46

I m ringing to try and return some goods that weren't fit for purpose I have just waited as fourth in the queue to talk to someone ....they have transferred me to a different department and I m now caller number 28, can you hear my teeth gnashing

VIOLETTE Wed 04-Jan-17 14:49:30

it is horribly frustrating not to be able to get through ! I have nothing but praise for the Bon marche site ....I ordered a mac from them .....a jacket duly arrived. I phoned to say I had the wrong thing and should I send it back ....after checking with the supervisor, I was told no, you can keep the item and give it to charity and we will send the correct item ! To say I was amazed is putting it mildly ..as well as very pleased. I subsequently gave the jacket to a local charity and received the correct item. I suppose at this time of year they must be inundated with calls ...as long as they don't have a 'cut off' date for returns ..if this is noted on their website, make sure you keep or e mail copies of all the messages and dates amd time of calls you have made to prove you were within date...and if you can, get the person's name you speak to (here it is usually always 'Stephanie' ...on several different sites so I don't imagine for one minute that is anyone's actual name !
I have also used web chat which, after holding on or being transferred is usually satisfactory ...I can even go and make a cup of tea whilst I wait if I am '49th in line' !!!

I hope you get the problem resolved soon ..have you tried (sometimes works !) calling 2 minutes before they open or 2 before they close ?

VIOLETTE Wed 04-Jan-17 14:50:54

p,s, it if does not infringe the rules, how about a hint as to who you ordered from to forewarn others ...and put it on FB as well ....

BlueBelle Wed 04-Jan-17 14:58:51

Well here's my update .... this morning I happily got an email apologising and asking for my phone number so they could give me a ring to sort it out I was Happy emailed my mobile number straight back and have had my phone in my pocket all day but nothing not a dickie bird .....now bearing in mind that they were originally going to pick up friday I don't know if I need to stay in or not and feel I m back to square one

Violette I will give the name if it doesn't get sorted soon

BlueBelle Wed 04-Jan-17 14:59:45

Oh Jalima I tried the sales dept that's when I had the first number 28 on the list call

Jalima Wed 04-Jan-17 23:25:28

Yes, I would try the Facebook page now

I've just purchase a Bosch item from Curry's Jaycee and have already had to send a query via FB (a message) because something is odd about it [oh dear]

BlueBelle Fri 06-Jan-17 14:23:16

I ve now been on the phone another hour and still only fourth in the queue starting at 17
They have not picked it up as I expected as the transaction was never completed before he cut me off on the first call
They have NO FB page grrrrrr
I ve sent 4 strongly worded emails with the heading URGENT AND DISGUSTED one got a reply of PLEASE give us your phone number and we ll contact you ....2 days on no phone call not a dickie bird
....and yes I ll give you the name it's EASYLIFE them of the catalogues that fall on your doormat every week or two never again

BlueBelle Sat 07-Jan-17 07:17:54

After over an hour again I have got a date....all day next Thursday 8 to 6 and no Yodle don't carry mobiles so it's no good running to the corner shop and leaving a note on the the door to ring me haha I had to pay £5 for this issue however I ve sent a strong letter to CEO and amongst other things I ve asked for my £5 back to cover all the phone calls made over the last week, so now waiting with bated breathe

Maggiemaybe Sat 07-Jan-17 09:39:23

Bluebelle, I feel your pain. The company name isn't too apt, is it, unless of course it's them who have the easy life?!

Jaycee5 Sat 07-Jan-17 09:45:21

Jalima good luck. I think Bosch has an undeserved reputation (although both my washer and dryer have been working well since). I have just had a letter saying that the guarantee on my dryer is about to expire and trying to sell me one. I'd rather call a local repairman.
The trouble is that Curry's just connect you through to Bosch and say it is up to them what they do.

Nanevon Sat 07-Jan-17 10:11:09

We had a problem with Easylife too and would never use them again. We still get their catalogues in the post after telling them not to bother. Sorry you have had such a run around with this company. It's very tiring and frustrating but it does make us appreciate good customer service when we receive it. I agree that Bon Marche is a very good company to deal with.

leeds22 Sat 07-Jan-17 11:24:45

We've had a bad experience with Easylife. So annoyed with them I contacted The Times, where we saw the advert, and suggested they should not be accepting adverts from this company

clementine Sat 07-Jan-17 11:45:28

BlueBelle, I would contact The Times or any other paper who intervene on behalf of customers . Even mentioning you are going to do this is enough sometimes to get the offending company to sort out your problem I have gone down the twitter route recently with a company, who until that point had been giving me the runaround I had a positive result within 30 minutes of posting ! Good luck and hope you get your £5 refunded.

Hollycat Sat 07-Jan-17 12:27:20

I was given a teasmade at Christmas which didn't work. Neither did No2 or 3, so I tried to contact Swan who were seriously uninterested. I then wrote on their Facebook page inviting their comments. So they BLOCKED me! Argos finally came up trumps and No 4 makes good tea. What happened to customer service?

Jana Sat 07-Jan-17 14:38:55

Bluebell Is this the company on Twitter @easylifegroup - I've always find a comment on a company's page works wonders

joannewton46 Sat 07-Jan-17 18:08:01

Twitter and Facebook can be very effective. My daughter found a website that gives contact details for the Marketing Director of all major companies. She's done very well (both for getting action and compensation) by contacting them personally.

SallyDapp Sat 07-Jan-17 19:52:53

Go on line and take them to the small claims court, you just need a log of actions that have happened to date. Don't forget to add in the cost of your phone calls etc. I'm pretty sure that if you email the company a copy of your log and tell them this is what you intend to do you will get a swifter reply. You've nothing to loose.

BlueBelle Sun 08-Jan-17 04:43:43

I don't have a twitter account Jana and they aren't on FB I ve tried that route but it's interesting that others (nanavon and Leeds) have had a problem with them too makes me feel a bit better Argos and Amazon are great to deal with they don't argue just change or give money back and very easy to contact

The director seems to be in South Africa unless I read that wrong it will be interesting to see what answer I get from him ( if any)

I ll keep you posted, it's all so unnecessary and stressful isn't it, thanks for listening

suzied Sun 08-Jan-17 07:50:30

I always use FB or Twitter to complain rather than customer service and have had very good results. Latest: 3 of the IKEA doors in our kitchen have blown due to water collecting around the unsuitable handle design. I posted some pics on their FB page, got a message within minutes and after a couple of messages giving details, order number etc they have now sent replacement doors free of charge from Sweden as the style has been discontinued in the U.K. They even offered to replace all the doors in the kitchen if these ones don't match. We didn't get anywhere with the customer service in the shop btw.

Lupin Sun 08-Jan-17 09:34:06

BLUEBELL - I've had an issue with them as well over some wireless headphones that don't work - have had a second pair too. No money back yet though. I'll never buy from them again.
I got through on the phone fairly easily on this number 0844 441 8448. However - I'm being fobbed off in all possible ways to avoid refunding my money.
Good Luck

BlueBelle Sun 08-Jan-17 17:07:15

Suzied as I said before there are not on FB and I don't have a twitter account

Ummm Lupin that was the first number I used after I had waited about half an hour they answered and said they d put me through to another dept that's the first time I became NUMBER 28 in that new queue

Shelagh6 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:02:07

They definitely don't like complaining on Twitter about them!

Shelagh6 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:04:33

The offenders don't like complaints about them on Twitter!

thatbags Sun 08-Jan-17 20:51:29

I found Resolver helpful when I had a complaint with Vidafone.

thatbags Sun 08-Jan-17 20:51:51

Voda

Jalima Mon 09-Jan-17 14:23:00

Jaycee you could be right about Bosch .....

Either we are completely stupid or there is something wrong with this tumble dryer.
I am not that technically minded but DH is an engineer and even he is scratching his head as it seems to have a mind of its own and keeps going on strike..