Gransnet forums

AIBU

drama queen weather forecasters!!!!

(60 Posts)
sue1169 Sun 02-Apr-17 20:48:01

Why do weather forecasters feel they need to give the forecast in such a dramatic way? I just watched the one on countryfile...and Ive honestly no idea what the weeks weather is going to bring....thought she was doing an audition for a drama production....aaaagh!!!!

KatyK Fri 07-Apr-17 18:33:11

I have just watched our new (ish) weather forecaster here in the West Mids. He is a breath of fresh air (if you'll pardon the pun). His name is Des Coleman smile

Riverwalk Wed 05-Apr-17 19:21:34

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Indeed, Mrsjones - a well deserved Nobel Prize!

mrsjones Wed 05-Apr-17 19:16:19

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

sue1169 Wed 05-Apr-17 19:00:23

Oh *MawBroon l really dont think I said anything 'unkind'...and I do think that Anya was snappy..thats my last word on it.

MawBroon Wed 05-Apr-17 17:15:32

Not a very kind remarks Sue1169 (Mon 21.10 ) and tigger (Mon 13.38) re Anya
That may be your opinion, but I think it is fairly irrelevant to the current thread and looks like ganging up inviting criticism of another poster by others.
#notjoinnginTHATgame

gillybob Wed 05-Apr-17 15:09:59

The North East very rarely gets a mention on BBC weather reports (radio or TV). They tend to jump from The Midlands up to Edinburgh.

The best weather forecast is looking out of the window.

When forecasters get it wrong (as they often do) DH says "well hmmmph that wasn't in the weather forecast" as though God himself has somehow cocked up. hmm

hildajenniJ Wed 05-Apr-17 14:57:40

Has anyone seen the Welsh forecaster Owain Wyn Evans? He turned up on BBC Look North a few months ago. He really has a flair for forecasting, and has marvellous dress sense. My DH and I look forward to his forecasts.

JackieBee1 Wed 05-Apr-17 14:46:22

Well said Sue1169!

phantom12 Tue 04-Apr-17 19:11:05

Alex Beresford is the one for me. He is on my local weather some times and also on the main ITV weather. Very easy on the eye. You can't concentrate on the forecast.

merlotgran Tue 04-Apr-17 10:01:23

Well, they got the bit about today's high tree pollen count right. Less than five minutes after getting up I had shaky legs, sneezing, itchy eyes and lips feeling twice their normal size.

Anti-histamine kicking in now thank goodness.

frances69 Tue 04-Apr-17 06:33:18

We live in Chesterfield and get Yorkshire weather but we often get elbowed out.or they have run out of time and wisk away before they come down our area,,

BlueBelle Mon 03-Apr-17 23:22:52

I really must pay more attention I don't know any of these names you're talking about I think I must just zone out there's one guy who has an annoying half English half American accent

merlotgran Mon 03-Apr-17 22:19:25

We laughed at the jeans and jumper she was wearing. Weather girls are normally done up like dog's dinners but she was obviously prepared to give Adam a hand with the goats if needed.

00mam00 Mon 03-Apr-17 22:06:54

Yes Sue1169, Sundays Nature File's weather forecaster really wound me up. Her expressive falling away at the end of sentences was really annoying. I would have pressed the silent button but my DH was watching it.

There is so much whispering, falling away or asides in programmes I often have to put subtitles on to get the full dialogue.

sue1169 Mon 03-Apr-17 21:10:20

I always feel *Anya *is so angry.......clever.direct but angry....but suppose we all have problems/issues at times...anyway. the weather?. been beautiful today despite annoying forecaster...☀

tigger Mon 03-Apr-17 20:52:26

No wooden spoon merlotgran just stating a fact, some of Anya's postings can be unkind.

merlotgran Mon 03-Apr-17 19:02:47

You're referring to a different thread, tigger

Put your wooden spoon away please.

tigger Mon 03-Apr-17 18:57:43

Well Janeainsworth, try yesterday's postings. "Your son is acting like a petulant child". Unpleasant is an understatement.

norose4 Mon 03-Apr-17 17:54:35

I loose the will to live listening to the forecast these days. They go on & on I don't want to know about iccebars etc , looking out of the window suits me just fine now & the tv remote control ! Sad to say I even timed how long the poor presenter had to willtle on , foragaging for new description of what after all is just weather , cold warm hot sunny damp foggy etc etc ... sorry rant over I didn't realise quite how much I hate it ?

janeainsworth Mon 03-Apr-17 16:22:39

Nothing unpleasant on this thread tigger, except for your post.

tigger Mon 03-Apr-17 15:20:09

And Anya's posts aren't unpleasant Janeainsworth?

instagran Mon 03-Apr-17 15:13:34

"Spits and Spots" (of rain) - yuk!

Yorkshiregel Mon 03-Apr-17 14:31:06

My Mother's passion in the 1950s was the weather man. She even had a signed photo of him. Cannot remember his name but I think it might have been Cyril. He had a little moustache and looked like a gentleman.

janeainsworth Mon 03-Apr-17 14:15:51

What an unpleasant remark, tigger.
Note that I am criticising the remark, not you personally.

tigger Mon 03-Apr-17 13:38:39

Didn't you know sue1169 that not only can Anya be rather acerbic but is also a paid up member of the Grammar Police.