Gransnet forums

AIBU

Warner let down

(11 Posts)
SallyDapp Mon 15-May-17 11:04:31

For the last 9-10 years friends and my DH and I have booked a week at Warner's Historic houses, amongst other stays with them. Our last booking was cancelled by Warner's so that they can use the rooms we'd booked for a conference. They had already accepted our deposit 5 months prior to this cancellation. The new bookings we've made are cheaper for the rooms themselves but the overall costs have come in at more with different discounts being applied to both couples. My friend is being asked for £400 more for a room which is £63 cheaper. I've tried writing to them by recorded delivery and emailing asking for an explanation and I'm asking for some compensation. They just ignore me. Do you think I ABU.

Teetime Mon 15-May-17 11:22:12

Go to the top. Find the details of the CEO and give him a broadside. If that doesn't work or instead of shame them on social media - companies hate that and usually respond quickly.
No you are not unreasonable.

Anya Mon 15-May-17 11:32:12

Warner are part of the Bourne Leisure Holdings Limited a British private company which owns a number of subsidiary undertakings operating in the leisure and holiday sectors in the United Kingdom including Haven Holidays, Butlins and Warner Leisure Hotels.

Email their CEO a Mr John Dunford (or something like that) you can google his email address easily.

Anya Mon 15-May-17 11:33:48

An tell him you got the advice from this forum - that will let him know this bad service is 'out there' and being discussed.

ninathenana Mon 15-May-17 12:28:33

I'm disapointed to read this, we have stayed at Warner hotels on several occassions. We have never had them cancel or change our booking and have always had excelent customer service.
No you ANBU. I hope you get some satisfaction.

Auntieflo Mon 15-May-17 17:08:17

Sally that's apalling. Surely you and your friends should have been offered alternative rooms, with an upgrade, as a gesture of good will. After accepting your deposits, how can they charge you over the odds? Do as others have suggested, contact the CEO, and if possible put your plight on a social network site.

NanaandGrampy Mon 15-May-17 17:23:57

Email the CEO

[email protected]

Or write :
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 4YL

SallyDapp Tue 16-May-17 07:25:41

Thanks for the input. I did write to the head office by recorded delivery but they are still ignoring me.

Anya Tue 16-May-17 07:30:52

Writing to 'head office' us not the same as emailing the CEO!

You said that, quite clearly upthread.

So far I've emailed the CEO's of Saga and BT. Both times I've had immediate results and £200 (Saga) £250 (BT) returned to my accounts plus a big bunch of flowers and box of chocolates from Saga.

vampirequeen Tue 16-May-17 08:36:13

Definitely worth going to the top and remember to tell him that you sent a recorded delivery to the head office which was ignored.

SallyDapp Tue 16-May-17 09:46:57

I emailed the CEO yesterday, I've written, recorded delivery, to head office, emailed head office twice and left 2 messages on their Facebook page. Now I have this thread, I'll start one on Mumsnet as well. I'm pretty well read on Tripadvisor so I'm there next.. How do I start a Facebook page? Is it just a case of writing something and posting it publicly?