Gransnet forums

AIBU

Ebay purchase to be collected

(13 Posts)
Kateykrunch Mon 29-May-17 17:18:21

So, arranged to call this afternoon to collect and pay, got there, big double electric gates with door bell to side, rang bell a good number of times, no one responded, hubby gave the gates a push but nothing happened and anyway, I did feel that it would not be prudent to enter if they did open, what if they had a great big guard dog or something, so after a few mins in the rain, we abandoned it and came home. Ive contacted them, they say they were in, the bell works and other people have managed to collect things today and that the gates were open and we were welcome to come in!, when do we want to go back for the item? No apology and not even a here is our phone number, just give us a ring when you are coming or get here or have any problems. When we have anyone collecting anything, I always give them the phone number and full info ie. we are end house on right in cul de sac, come to front door etc. I'm not sure I want to go again...the big dog might get me lol.

Maggiemaybe Mon 29-May-17 17:32:08

You weren't collecting that gently used interactive Tracy Island playset complete with vehicles and Brains that I've been watching on ebay, were you, Kateykrunch? hmm

Seriously, this is very rude and no, you ANBU at all. What a waste of your afternoon. Better luck next time and take a big old raw steak with you, just in case you have to distract the hound.

Claudiaclaws Mon 29-May-17 17:41:32

Just a thought, are you sure it was the right house?

Kateykrunch Mon 29-May-17 17:43:11

Claudiaclaws, I thought that and asked them to confirm, it was the right house, must rush, I want to bid on a Tracey Island! Lol.

vampirequeen Mon 29-May-17 19:25:24

You're not being unreasonable. I bet they'd nipped out and are pretending that they stayed in all day.

If they don't answer the next time you go then complain to ebay because this is unacceptable behaviour.

Maggiemaybe Mon 29-May-17 19:39:05

Oi, hands off that highly desirable item (well, it is to a four year old anyway!). grin

Menopaws Mon 29-May-17 22:55:44

I once knew a girl called Tracy Ireland, she had a vehicle but not a lot of brains

Maggiemaybe Mon 29-May-17 23:16:45

grin

MawBroon Tue 30-May-17 08:10:02

I am puzzled kateykrunch, did they not give you their phone number to ring to confirm when you were going and which you could have used from the gate? confused

Kateykrunch Tue 30-May-17 09:22:26

yes, Mawbroon, exactly. I have contacted them today to say, yes, we will call again, when is convenient and please provide a phone number, which you would think they might have offered rather than have to be asked. We will see!

M0nica Tue 30-May-17 11:29:55

It is like the Freegle/Freecycle respondents who are so keen for what you will give them for free that they make all the arrangements to collect - and then never turn up. One man messed me around for a week before I issued an ultimatum - and I never heard from him again.

Elegran Tue 30-May-17 11:53:29

And the Gumtree ones who ask, "What is your best price for that?", after you have put a nominal figure somewhere around the cost of a cup of coffee and a slice of fruitcake. Hello, this IS my best price, if I were giving it away it would be on Freecycle.

Or who ask, "Can I offer you £10 less, because my mate will ask me for £10 to pick it up for me?" hmm

f77ms Tue 30-May-17 11:55:24

Katey , leave feedback after you have collected the item stating what happened and the response you got . Very arrogant sellers IMO