Gransnet forums

AIBU

ITv's This Morning

(153 Posts)
Janetblogs Sun 04-Jun-17 20:10:03

Did anybody see Tuesday's This Morning with Eammon and Ruth when they interviewed Janet and Malcolm about his affair
Hands up that was me !
Actually it was great fun - Eammon andRuth are a really lovely couple - warm approachable and love bickering with Eammon other
Got hair and makeup done as and got paid !!
Affair happened but we are stronger than ever
But can't believe how fat I looked

vampirequeen Thu 08-Jun-17 13:36:13

Please show me evidence of bullying on this thread or on others.

hondagirl Thu 08-Jun-17 13:00:40

Far from trying to lecture anyone I am merely pointing out the rules of this forum. The forum is only lightly moderated and so anyone is free to post what they want. I belong to other forums where some of the comments made on here would be deleted immediately by the moderators.

Such comments are not limited to this thread either. I have noticed this trend more and more.

I do not like bullying and I think there is enough sadness and unhappiness being caused by what is going on in the world at the moment without people adding to it.

vampirequeen Thu 08-Jun-17 11:31:21

I object to being lectured, hondagirl. I'm saying it on here and if we were face to face I'd say it directly to you.

There is nothing wrong with my netiquette and if harrigran wants to chide me for casting aspersions on her housekeeping skills because she didn't donkeystone her step then I'm sure she will.

As to the OP. She posted on AIBU. That opens her post to criticism or approbation.

I'm actually at a loss as to why she posted in the first place but that's her choice. Was she telling us how excited she was to have been on TV or boasting about it? Now she's disappeared. I can't help wondering whether some story about cynical/cruel/rude/nasty grannies is going to appear in some journal or magazine based on this thread.

harrigran Thu 08-Jun-17 10:57:31

Probably, I never say anything on here that I would not say to someone's face.

GrannyA11i Thu 08-Jun-17 10:49:48

No matter what you think about the OP's post people don't need to be so horrible. If you were out with a friend and one of her other friends (not yours) came along and said the same would you voice the same comments to her face having just met her?

chocolatepudding Thu 08-Jun-17 09:46:05

The OP is a journalist.
Say no more and draw your own conclusions.

Elegran Thu 08-Jun-17 08:19:29

hondagirl Have you tried posting your comment on the political threads?

MawBroon Thu 08-Jun-17 07:55:19

Oh hondagirl lighten up!!
brush up on our communication skills???
Many people communicated exactly what they felt (and PS Jalima, I'm with you theregrin) so what is there left to say?
Preaching a sermon from the giddy heights of one's high horse is far more patronising and rude.

hondagirl Thu 08-Jun-17 07:11:43

I agree, annerogers. It’s nice to see that there are others who are of the same opinion.

The netiquette on this site requires that no one posts a comment that they would not say to someone’s face. I doubt very much whether many of the comments on here would be said to the OP face to face and if so then I am sure that most of us would have a very low opinion of the poster.

With regard to discussion, yes I agree, a lively discussion makes for interesting reading but it should be just that, a discussion, but I don’t think that posing rude, aggressive comments constitutes a discussion. Perhaps some of us would benefit from brushing up our communication skills and learn how to ‘discuss’ in a reasonable and polite manner.

Jalima1108 Wed 07-Jun-17 18:22:02

I daren't say what I was really thinking so I will whisper it very quietly

what the heck did they both see in him?

Riverwalk Wed 07-Jun-17 14:30:27

The OP posted on AIBU so should have expected comments particularly given the subject.

Her husband f*cked about for six years! Why should we keep quiet?

The OP is a journalist and was obviously seeking publicity!

MawBroon Wed 07-Jun-17 13:44:46

Well that wouldn't do much for discussion! Thank god we don't all think the same.
I once tentatively dipped into GRANNYNET which was suitably vanilla -it bit the dust!
But nobody asI see it has done more than express their opinion about airing ones private life on daytime TV
An opinion each of us is entitled to give and if OP's opening coast was misleading then why should anybody be blamed for reading it as it stands? confused

annerogers Wed 07-Jun-17 13:32:01

As my mother used to say, if you have nothing nice or constructive to say just keep quiet, OP has done nothing to deserve many of these comments

Bellanonna Wed 07-Jun-17 12:42:46

I let the rain do mine

trisher Wed 07-Jun-17 12:01:52

Mind my gran always reckoned doing your front step was a way of catching up with all the gossip down the street (and she did seem to know everything and everybody).

vampirequeen Wed 07-Jun-17 11:05:15

Oh harrigran...not donkeystoning your step declared some very unpleasant things about your attitude to housework and cleaning. You'd have been judged very harshly when I was growing up grin

vampirequeen Wed 07-Jun-17 11:03:52

I think donkeystone was for stone steps and cardinal polish/paint was for tiled steps but I might be wrong. I have a stone step now and I'd love to donkeystone it but I don't know where you can get it now (if you can). I googled it but only found ornamental donkeys made out of stone or stood on stone sad and some very old donkeystone of a very weird colour on ebay.

trisher Wed 07-Jun-17 10:59:32

Does that make GN a garden wall? grin

Jalima1108 Wed 07-Jun-17 10:36:30

Cissie and Ada grin

Maggiemaybe Wed 07-Jun-17 10:32:52

Red polish, oo, very racy! (Crosses arms, hitches up bosom, purses lips and looks round for neighbour to gossip to).

Jalima1108 Wed 07-Jun-17 09:47:22

trisher no you are not confused, I remember Cardinal polish for tiles. DM used to Red Cardinal the whole kitchen floor, then it had to be polished up and also black lead the stove - until we got a very modern gas cooker and Marley tiles on the floor!
The yard had to be swilled regularly too.
DF painted the front doorstep with white paint too.

Auntieflo Wed 07-Jun-17 09:12:51

My Mum used to Cardinal her step, and so did I when I had an outside step.
Harrigran, oh I wish ypu could still get the "proper" Sunlight soap.

valeriej43 Wed 07-Jun-17 09:06:39

I still use red cardinal paint,dont think you can get the polish now, on my indoor tiled steps,
I also used to use donnkeystone when it was the thing to do on my outside steps

trisher Wed 07-Jun-17 09:04:32

Ooh Cardinal- there's posh! But I do seem to remember a cardinal polish for tiles (or am I getting confused?)

rafichagran Wed 07-Jun-17 07:20:44

Don't know if it is still done but my Mum used to do it with the red cardinal paint.