Gransnet forums

AIBU

Holly & Phil

(31 Posts)
norose4 Thu 14-Sep-17 10:58:33

At the risk of upsetting many fans, Am I the only one who is sick of seeing & hearing, this pair of airheads on just about everything (ok not quite everything!). I now turn off or over when ever they are on because I am heartily sick of their 'ohh aren't we a slightly naughty & risky double act' Time for a change I think.!

Coolgran65 Fri 15-Sep-17 14:42:33

I also find them a bit immature and giggly... Holly in particular. I wonder is this just her professional persona, a character that she works at being.

silverlining48 Fri 15-Sep-17 13:52:02

I opened this just to find out who holly and phil are ?

TriciaF Fri 15-Sep-17 11:05:05

I don't even know who they are confused

henetha Fri 15-Sep-17 10:38:51

I'm not allowed to watch tv in the morning except for ten minutes of news (self imposed rule) otherwise I would never get anything done. But I have seen the odd glimpse and they seem a bit over the top.
If I have been good, I allow myself to watch Escape to the Country in the afternoon. Then Pointless.

KatyK Fri 15-Sep-17 10:33:33

I used to think they were OK and Phil comes across as a nice chap, but they are on too many programmes and I get the feeling they are a bit self satisfied now.

norose4 Thu 14-Sep-17 18:57:06

Serkeen & Bluebell , thank you I don't feel so alone & grumpy old womanish now ??

Serkeen Thu 14-Sep-17 18:53:42

norose4 your post made me laugh smile I happen to be a fan simply because it is so nice to put something on the telly that is cheerful as they are always giggling, I quite like that myself but appreciate how you feel I am not keen on Ruth from this morning she is so false thanks for the laugh x

BlueBelle Thu 14-Sep-17 18:34:47

Don't watch them normally but agree when the few times they I have they totally get on my pip and they do appear very married Don't enjoy Ruth and eamon much either and I used to like Loose women but can't stand it now So I think I ll join you Norose and admit to being a miserable old git it all seems totally banal

Nelliemoser Thu 14-Sep-17 18:28:56

Who the hell are "Holly and Phil"?
Who the hell are Eamonn and Ruth?
Do I give a damn? No.
The banality of morning TV is dreadful. As many of you seem to be saying .
If you want news, the pictures are far better on the radio.
You may just get some properly informed comment and discussion on there.

norose4 Thu 14-Sep-17 17:29:47

Don't understand last comment ?

MissAdventure Thu 14-Sep-17 17:25:28

"Oh why don't you ask Phil to hang a shelf as you're obviously so close!" grin

norose4 Thu 14-Sep-17 17:23:39

Perhaps I'm showing my age,a lot of behaviour seems to irritate me these days & im not particularly prudish, it just seem very childish & silly ?

norose4 Thu 14-Sep-17 17:20:53

Be good to be a fly on the wall?

MissAdventure Thu 14-Sep-17 17:19:12

I wonder if their spouses have a go at them when they get home?

norose4 Thu 14-Sep-17 17:17:34

Yes I agree, especially the time they arrived to do the morning show hung over giggling & still in there clothes from the awards the previous night, I guess I just don't get why people like them , we would be quick to criticise younger people for the same behaviour .

callgirl1 Thu 14-Sep-17 16:02:37

I`ve said a few times to my daughter, if I was Holly`s husband and Phil`s wife, I`d be worried. It`s probably all very innocent, but they seem inordinately fond of each others company.

DanniRae Thu 14-Sep-17 13:46:23

I really like Ruth on "Loose Women" - and now she's on "Strictly" and I am really looking forward to seeing her on that (and everyone else) grin

Alima Thu 14-Sep-17 12:37:45

I have never seen them together. Used to like PS when he was in the broom cupboard, possibly with Gordon the Gopher, on Children's telly. Years ago there was a thing about " Ann and Nick. Didn't watch them either.

Anniebach Thu 14-Sep-17 12:27:13

Stopped watching when Fern left and Holly came in

norose4 Thu 14-Sep-17 12:21:15

Holly used to be on Beetlejuice, ( very crude) & completely the opposite the show that reunited families. can't remember the name ,Phil has done the Cube, then a daredevil programme plus all the awards shows etc

ninathenana Thu 14-Sep-17 12:07:30

I don't watch their morning shng and find the "on just about everything" statement puzzling as I can't think of anythibg else they are on.

MissAdventure Thu 14-Sep-17 11:56:12

I like Eamonn's lack of tact. There was a viewers makeover section on the programme a while back, and he said, after seeing one of the women "well! They've certainly got their work cut out with you!"

glammanana Thu 14-Sep-17 11:11:46

Ruth & Eamonn everyday for me if it was possible has anybody watched their "How to Live The Millionaire Lifestyle" Ruth is so good in it and Eamonns one liners are so cutting sometimes,brilliant.

paddyann Thu 14-Sep-17 11:10:34

gave up watching them cant stand Holly's silly little girl act ,she 's a grown woman for heavens sake and Phil is as my Australian friend says very far up himself ,I used to like Fern Britton on it , in my opinion she was very underrated .I watch The Wright Stuff in the mornings now though I did see TM when Sarah Green and Rylan presented and it was quite good

Imperfect27 Thu 14-Sep-17 11:09:56

All mainstream TV channels seem to fixate over a few of their 'stars' and over-expose them in all sorts of quiz shows, light entertainment programmes etc. In recent times I have felt heartily fed up with seeing David Walliams, Mel Giedroyc, Gareth Malone, Richard Osman ... to name but a few, being on our screens every 5 minutes (though I do have to admit a grudging liking to Osman's new quiz show on BBC2). But it does feel like the TV companies lack any imagination or will to try to provide more variety.