Gransnet forums

AIBU

That us GN's have missed out again!

(156 Posts)
Kateykrunch Thu 21-Sep-17 09:35:10

Well, they are doing another 'Celebrities type tv programme' where they go off to Italy. Now, I dont begrudge the current mob doing the Celebrities in Camper Vans, but, I am annoyed us lot have missed out again on a trip to Italy. Why were we not asked to go, we would be an interesting bunch and oh so entertaining. I get fed up when some of the 'Stars' say, ooooo, I've always wanted to go there, didn't they ever make enough money to pay for a trip themselves? I do suppose, once we GN's have done our first trip, we will be the 'Celeb's', so I had better watch what I say. (I wouldn't even mind a spell in the 'Big Brother GN House').

trisher Wed 04-Oct-17 10:33:23

If there are oysters there has to be champers, I'm sure that's the law.
Someone will have to rush off to the bank with the old pounds- bet I know who will be sent!

M0nica Tue 03-Oct-17 20:17:55

Oysters with grit produce pearls. Forget eating them, sooner eat a raw egg. Actually, no, probably would opt for the oyster if I had to choose which to eat, at gunpoint.

lemongrove Tue 03-Oct-17 18:57:28

I hope the pounds from the back of the sofa are the new kind, otherwise we won’t be going far.
Will the grit be true grit? ?
No oysters for me thanks, gaaahhhh?

Greyduster Tue 03-Oct-17 18:48:45

Ooh! Will there be oysters too? I'm definitely in!

M0nica Tue 03-Oct-17 10:13:31

You always need one fully paid up member of the awkward squad to put some grit in the oyster so you definitely need me!

Auntieflo Mon 02-Oct-17 19:57:32

Kateykrunch, are you sure you have all the receipts, I can't make the accounts balance if you have lost so much as one ice-cream receipt.

Kateykrunch Mon 02-Oct-17 09:56:19

Autieflo, along with your many tasks in helping me, do pop along and sort out the bank account, I will be sending all the cash bribes and donations across forthwith, less 'our' expenses of course (I never expected it to cost such a lot in expences, did you?). I really enjoyed our taster weekend in Prague, did you? The book advance will come in handy for our next taster trip. Dear GN's, rest assured, me and Af are getting this trip well and truley organised, dates will follow shortly as we are currenlty having to rearrange flights due to the Monarch and Ryanair debarkle (I know, we said private jets, but come on get real)......more to follow?

Greyduster Mon 02-Oct-17 09:46:24

I had a pound..... but then I got a conscience and put it back in GS's money box blush!

Auntieflo Mon 02-Oct-17 09:01:05

Just wondered how the crowd funding is going. Over the weekend, we added, don't all faint now, 2 x 5p pieces and a couple of coppers to the money box.

DanniRae Thu 28-Sep-17 18:15:28

Because you had a horrible accident pinkpeony I think you should keep the £1 and treat yourself!
I hope you feel better soon and I am sending you some flowers

pinkpeony Thu 28-Sep-17 10:09:27

I found a £1 in the pocket of my winter coat yesterday, I can donate that. Sadly it wasn't just the knee, I fell completely flat on my face, stretched full length, on the pavement outside my grandson's house. It's getting better now thank you for your concern Auntieflo and Creativness. The scab is just about to drop off my chin and bruises on hands, arms and knees are a lovely mix of yellow and purple.

Greyduster Wed 27-Sep-17 22:49:16

I'll have a feel down the back of the sofa! That should be good for a couple of quid!

Auntieflo Wed 27-Sep-17 22:00:34

Loopyloo, good idea. I've got a little money box with coppers and sixpences 5p's in there, that could be a start.

loopyloo Wed 27-Sep-17 15:07:01

Do you think we could crowd fund this? It would make brilliant viewing. This is series one.

creativeness Wed 27-Sep-17 14:43:24

Hi Kateykrunch would love to join you all if OK. Can sympathize with pp sore knee had one recently as well sounds great!

HillyN Wed 27-Sep-17 13:52:44

You haven't said if I can come too. If I promise to leave the counting to Auntieflo, pleeeeaaaase can I come?

DanniRae Tue 26-Sep-17 09:58:13

Glad I am in charge of lost property - thank you KK! I am ready and waiting to go.................Just say the word!! grin

Auntieflo Tue 26-Sep-17 09:46:44

Thank you Kateykrunch and Pinkpeony, I am feeling a lot less queasy today. PP sorry about your sore knee ?, but I admire the spirit, I quite fancy one of those big scooters that Kirsty Allsopp used to sail around on.

Greyduster Mon 25-Sep-17 21:05:39

OMG! I don't have a passport! Is there some way I can be smuggled through customs disguised as an old bag a piece of Louis Vuitton?

pinkpeony Mon 25-Sep-17 18:15:18

Auntieflo sorry you were not well over the weekend my receptionist must have forgotten to give me the message. I was a bit sore myself as I fell off my 6 year old grandson's scooter on Saturday. I have applied arnica and am feeling a bit better today. Sadly, Mr P has banned further scooting as he can't stand the excitement. I have stocked up on plasters and bandages and bought one of those new fangled thermometers like they have at the doctors. Now ready for the off at any time smile

trisher Mon 25-Sep-17 13:14:43

Ooh! Kateykrunch I am impressed you really do organise when you get started don't you! I am completely reassured. Make way Thomas Cook and Saga Kateykrunch Tours are taking over.

Kateykrunch Mon 25-Sep-17 11:31:04

Take the day off Auntieflo and get yersen fully better.
I have already sold the film and book rights!
We have a fleet of luxury coaches so no problems on numbers.
The private jet offer is kind and will be useful for stragglers.
Please note breakfast is served between 6.30 and 10.30.
Trips are staggered times just join what and when you want
Luxury toiletries are provided.
Someone offered to take photographs which is good, because I have also arranged a Calendar shoot, it will be in very good taste!
New role - Danni will deal with all lost prioerty.
Now Trish, you are concerned that there are too many officials, I dont know how you arrive at this as THERE IS JUST ME with Auntiflo my deputy.
Last date for enteries is Thursday 28th September at 2.00pm. Itinary will follow on Friday, check your passports, insurance covered. For the doubters out there, please see the thread where the Media person is looking for GN's and mine and Christines responses, if a few more say the same, we could make this happen!!! Lol

trisher Mon 25-Sep-17 10:20:47

I'm worried now. I don't want to be woken at 6am by lemongrove but if the Brad Pitt lookalike is arriving with my breakfast at 7.30am as sunseeker has promised I'm going to need that long to make myself presentable before he arrives. confused

Smithy Mon 25-Sep-17 09:54:29

I can leave home with a moments notice - always have a bag of mini toiletries to hand. (If it's luxury though they will provide shampoo shower gel etc won't they?) Happy to follow orders from others as long as its not early mornings, so with Sunseeker on that one. PLEASE make it soon, got the winter blues coming on already (had them all year really) Just got to count out my tablets (that should only take about an hour) then I'm ready to rumble.

loopyloo Mon 25-Sep-17 09:39:15

Someone I know has said we can use his private jet. And is giving us several crates of champagne. So please may I come too? I will have to bring my stemetil in case my ears play up and I get sick, and I will have to have phone on me at all times because my daughter worries. Also will have to sort out my husbands socks before I go.