Gransnet forums

AIBU

Pregnancy news

(4 Posts)
Leonora47 Sun 24-Sep-17 13:19:43

Dear girl, is it possible that, knowing how important the news would be to you, your DD waited until the perilous first three months were over before breaking the news.
Our daughter's pregnancy is sometimes a very anxious time for we Mums.
Congratulations to you all!

Tippy22 Sun 24-Sep-17 10:00:41

I too felt upset that I seemed to be the last to be told when my DD announced she was going to have a second baby in December as I always thought we were very close but I put it to the back of my mind and just think about another cherished GC to look forward too.

Luckygirl Sun 24-Sep-17 09:52:41

Lovely news! - it got there in the end! Had you heard on the grapevine before she actually told you?

It may be that the others just happened to ring and the news popped out

I understand how you might feel but I think you have to put that in a drawer and make up your mind not to let it spoil things.

Cappuccina Sun 24-Sep-17 09:28:08

My DD has just told me that she is 15 weeks pregnant with their second child. I'm overjoyed to hear this but not so pleased that she told her husband's family a few weeks ago, my brother and his family and my parents last week, before telling me today. AIBU feeling upset to be so far down on the news list? We don't live in the same city and only speak on the phone once a week.