Gransnet forums

AIBU

Annoying advert on GN

(22 Posts)
NanKate Fri 01-Dec-17 21:57:08

Does anyone else keep seeing an advert for breast enhancement on GN. I am fed up seeing a model with a couple of ogen melon boobs smiling out at me. They don’t look natural and I want to pop the with a pin like party balloons. ??

tanith Fri 01-Dec-17 22:06:33

No not seen it but then I tune out the adverts and now I rarely notice them and they certainly never entice me to investigate the products.

Nanabilly Fri 01-Dec-17 23:09:40

Does your husband use the same email address as you ..whatever my hubby has been looking at pops up on my tablet even though he's browsing things on his own tablet. I've not told him as I like to know what he's looking at , normally it's cars.

BlueBelle Fri 01-Dec-17 23:25:56

No not seen it but I m like Tabitha never seem to notice any on here

BBbevan Sat 02-Dec-17 01:28:03

Yes, I have banner across the top for the Mya clinic. I just ignore it.

WilmaKnickersfit Sat 02-Dec-17 02:29:18

My browser blocks adverts unless I list it as an exception. I don't usually see adverts unless for some reason I use a different browser.

Baggs Sat 02-Dec-17 06:50:16

Look for a small x in top right corner of the ad, nankate, and click on it. You can also control some of what you see via your web browser settings.

BlueBelle Sat 02-Dec-17 06:56:31

My one at the top is Irish ferries ( which I hadn’t noticed but just looked for) I think it is about what you have been looking at online so yes I d wonder what others in my family had been viewing if I had a boob advert

cornergran Sat 02-Dec-17 08:34:05

Just had a look and I’ve got Christmas decorations and expensive cars. Neither of us have searched for those. As others have said I don’t usually notice what’s there. Can you use something to block the adverts nankate? I’ve never bothered but I know many do and it’s very effective.

Friday Sat 02-Dec-17 08:37:44

I’ve blocked all pop ups and adverts. Can’t remember how I did it now.

MesMopTop Sat 02-Dec-17 08:43:07

I've got cut price tugs on mine. Haven't looked at any. Last thing I was browsing was the biscuits at bis utters. Lovely biscuits, but very expensive. Maybe that's why I'm getting the cut price ads as I'd be skint if I bought all those lovely biccies ?

MesMopTop Sat 02-Dec-17 08:43:51

Rugs not tugs

Katek Sat 02-Dec-17 08:49:16

Had to go and look as I don’t usually notice! I have an ad for Renault - unsurprising really as I just bought one.

DanniRae Sat 02-Dec-17 09:34:21

When I checked I had a Moonpig ad and clicked on a side ways triangle in the top right corner - I THINK I have opted out of most ads but it all got a bit confusing! So I will see............. confused

harrigran Sat 02-Dec-17 09:49:31

No, I have never seen an advert like that. The banner at the top of my page is promoting a local shopping mall.

goose1964 Sat 02-Dec-17 09:59:49

you can add an ad blocker if using chrome click on the the three dots on the right hand side top. Then select more tools and then extensions then just search for ad blocker

other browsers will be similar

BlueBelle Sat 02-Dec-17 13:14:52

Well I ve havent used Irish ferries for ten years but I have just booked a Ryanair flight to Ireland so seems too much of a coincidence to me

BlueBelle Sat 02-Dec-17 13:16:18

Well I haven’t used Irish ferries for ten years but I have just booked a Ryanair flight to Ireland seems too much of a coincidence for it not to be linked

BlueBelle Sat 02-Dec-17 13:22:40

Whoops sorry it didn’t seem to go

NanKate Sat 02-Dec-17 13:50:35

Thanks all
No we both have separate emails Nannabilly my DH will really laugh at your comment. I'm sure he will say 'when do I have time to browse the Internet'. I think he would prefer the real thing to those Ogden melons. ?

Lovetopaint037 Sun 03-Dec-17 10:05:25

Thanks for the laugh NanKate.

NanKate Sun 03-Dec-17 17:09:10

There is a new advert GNs on MY page, brace yourselves. It is perhaps, not 100% sure, a pink vibrator from Durex ! Please confirm you are getting this too, I don't know why I am being singled out. When I go searching on the internet it is for news of tennis and make-up, promise.

Wish I had smileys of shock on my main computer, because I would put a few in here.