Gransnet forums

AIBU

To expect her to return my call

(7 Posts)
Nonnie Thu 25-Jan-18 10:54:07

Best of luck with that then!

ninathenana Wed 24-Jan-18 17:02:50

She rang me back just now. Excuses and contradicting herself. She is now off until Monday and says she will try and sort it and call me Tuesday.
I'm not holding my breath.

Nonnie Wed 24-Jan-18 16:11:14

Nina sad to say but I think it is endemic. I am still chasing my son's holiday pay and he died in July! It doesn't surprise me that GB is not as productive as other countries.

Now I have had my sound off I suggest you not only talk to her superior you also write a letter, not an email. I have done so with some of the people I have had to deal with and it seems to work better than email. Is it surprising they are busy if they are incompetent?

It is quite possible that the person you have been dealing with has moved on and you have not been given the new contact, that happened to me in one case.

If all else fails email your MP, that will get something done.

kittylester Wed 24-Jan-18 16:00:26

Dreadful nina, stamp your foot (nicely!) and speak to someone higher up.

Coolgran65 Wed 24-Jan-18 15:57:51

Yep, go to the line Manager.
Or even further up the line.,,, now.

BlueBelle Wed 24-Jan-18 15:48:30

Go above her and be a bit demanding

ninathenana Wed 24-Jan-18 15:24:58

Sorry I need to let off steam.
DS had a financial assesment in Nov '17 for a direct payment card. We had heard nothing since so I was going to ring his case worker. Out of the blue she rang two weeks ago and asked if he was receiving his payments. He isn't, she said she would talk to finance and get back to us, she hasn't.
So I rang finance, they e-mailed her in Nov '17 and again on 5th Jan '18 to tell her to go ahead and set up the card.
I have left messages on her mobile and with her office. Nothing !
Yes I appreciate SS are overworked but DS may well have lost his place at the facility she suggested he attend because she ignores her e-mails and dosen't return calls.
Rant over.