Gransnet forums

AIBU

Noisy crisp eaters

(28 Posts)
Atqui Thu 22-Mar-18 13:12:57

Help! I 'm on a train and two people in close proximity are eating crisps.Its noisy crisp eating in stereo and even my headphones aren't cancelling it! Oh noooo now it's a Granny Smith Apple! Is anyone else as neurotic as I am?

Jools1953 Fri 23-Mar-18 00:27:10

Lol, thanks for the giggle.

I have a horror of people who slurp their tea and smack their lips while eating, but I don’t mind noisy crisp munchers.

Chewbacca Thu 22-Mar-18 22:51:45

gringrin nice one Maw!

Marydoll Thu 22-Mar-18 22:51:19

Oh, very clever Maw!?

MawBroon Thu 22-Mar-18 22:50:47

Eating crisps is one thing, but people who Chew bacca, well ..... grin

Chewbacca Thu 22-Mar-18 22:42:56

Not eaten crisps for years but I do occasionally eat the ones that come in a tube. What puts me right off them though is seeing OH stuff whole ones in his mouth ?. I, on the other hand, nibble them daintily! grin

Marydoll Thu 22-Mar-18 21:32:16

Thank you Lemon ?

lemongrove Thu 22-Mar-18 21:22:33

I am eating crisps right now and (whispers) this info is for crisp lovers everywhere.....you have to try Tesco own ‘Ridge bacon flavour’ mmmmm.smile

Jalima1108 Thu 22-Mar-18 20:00:00

I don't like crisps and can't stand the smell of salt and vinegar crisps.

However, I do like popcorn and confess to being a popcorn muncher at the cinema (but I only go about once a year, so you're all safe).

Bluegal Thu 22-Mar-18 19:28:25

FFS pmsl............Must remember to 'crunch' quietly in future ha ha ha x

Marydoll Thu 22-Mar-18 19:19:55

Perhaps all the crisp crunchers could have a meet up, that way we all could crunch together without upsetting everyone else. grin

KatyK Thu 22-Mar-18 18:49:10

I can't stand the sound of people crunching crisps either. My DH drives me mad with this. When he gets to the bottom of the bag, he tips the crumbs into his mouth from the bag. That drives me mad too and to hear him eating popadums in an Indian restaurant is embarrassing. He's lovely really though smile

Atqui Thu 22-Mar-18 15:59:25

Glad it's not just me then!

Dontaskme Thu 22-Mar-18 15:08:53

Anyone eating anything within my hearing radar really cheeses me off. At home we have to have the tv on in the kitchen as soon as anyone eats and if someone sits at the table without putting it on they soon go "oops"!. There's a name for this "phobia" but I just don't like hearing people slurp, munch and chomp. I get hot and angry and have tunnel hearing about it. On a train I'd have to move away from them for sure!

mcem Thu 22-Mar-18 14:32:25

It's the sound and smell of popcorn and hotdogs in the cinema! I've moved away more than once.

MissAdventure Thu 22-Mar-18 14:29:46

I can remember silently seething as my daughter sat munching away happily on toast.
Then she would look up and say "What?!?!" as she sensed my eyes on her. smile
She would be really indignant, because she was eating nicely, with her mouth closed.
It was just that the sound came out of the top of her head!

Marydoll Thu 22-Mar-18 14:29:10

I should have added, that I now have a phobia about eating crisps in public, thanks to DH. I am now a closet crisp cruncher.

shysal Thu 22-Mar-18 14:26:34

When everything my now ex DH did irritated me, the worst thing was the sound of him eating toast. He couldn't do anything right in those days! Living alone now means that I can be as noisy as I like, but I wouldn't inflict the sounds on others in a public place.

Greyduster Thu 22-Mar-18 14:23:30

I am inordinately fond of crisps, but would be too embarrassed to eat them on a train! I have sat next to people who have and it just makes me hungry, not angry!

lemongrove Thu 22-Mar-18 14:11:24

Haha Marydoll ?

I wouldn't eat anything too noisy on a train, probably just a sandwich, but some have no such inhibitions.

What I really dislike is the person who sits in front of me in the cinema slurping at a humungous hot dog....and the smell!angry

Marydoll Thu 22-Mar-18 14:05:16

No, but I have a big head!
My school hat was 6 and 7/8.
That could be the reason for the echoing!
There is no pleasure in sucking crisps! Unfortunately, I think my toddler granddaughter takes after me. grin
Pity my poor husband when he has to listen to a double act.

MissAdventure Thu 22-Mar-18 13:53:15

Have you got an 'echoey head', Marydoll? wink

oldgoat Thu 22-Mar-18 13:53:09

My OH is a noisy eater. He says it's because he has thin cheeks!!

Marydoll Thu 22-Mar-18 13:49:40

Sorry, guilty as charged. It was probably me who was crunching. It drives DH mad. grin

MissAdventure Thu 22-Mar-18 13:44:56

Some people seem to have heads that echo when they munch on food.
That really irritates me, even though they can't help it.

Greenfinch Thu 22-Mar-18 13:22:17

I am with you Atqui.I also hate the munching of popcorn in the cinema