Gransnet forums

AIBU

The listening project on radio 4

(8 Posts)
eazybee Sat 24-Mar-18 10:52:37

I find it very boring. Broadcasting is a talent, an art that conceals art, and one that many people do not possess. Unfortunately, they don't believe that.

Iam64 Sat 24-Mar-18 08:28:15

I'm beginning to feel I'm morphing into an Edwardian granny.
Whilst I'm relieved we're no longer ashamed of cancer or family difficulties, I'm not convinced we need to be told every detail of people's lives.

yggdrasil Sat 24-Mar-18 07:55:29

I do not like it. I feel like I am eavesdropping on private conversations. Which in fact I am, even if the speakers have agreed to it

Suki70 Fri 23-Mar-18 22:33:00

Have you listened to the podcast Fortunately with Fi Glover and Jane Garvey? You'll hear a different side to Fi Glover.

Chewbacca Fri 23-Mar-18 22:03:37

The few I've listened to I've enjoyed. The one I especially remember was a father and son talking about how they had never been especially close until the wife's/mother's terminal illness had drawn them together again. It was definitely not maudlin and they were laughing at happy memories they had together as a family.

MawBroon Fri 23-Mar-18 22:03:15

I don’t know why I don’t like it, but I really don’t!
It may be Fi Glover or the fact that it is so contrived, but it sets my teeth on edge and I reach for the Off button too.

M0nica Fri 23-Mar-18 21:52:59

Actually, I quite enjoy it. Like all things it is good in parts. Some are dreadful but some are quite moving and insightful.

Val75 Fri 23-Mar-18 15:27:24

Or is the listening project a nauseating, maudlin, sentimental waste of time? It is stealing minutes from good programmes and I rush to switch off if I hear Fi Glover’s smug voice. Just saying.